Post # 1
I saw this on the Newlyweds board, but thought it would be a fun topic for the Waiting girls as well. So, why do you want to get married?
I’ll go first. I want to get married because:
- I want to be a family with my SO (and his children) and I don’t consider a bf/gf relationship as being a family.
- marriage gives me a sense of security which is completely naieve (considering I’ve been married before), but I’m totally okay with that. lol…
- of the practical reasons, like insurance and being able to make decisions for one another in worse case scenario situations.
- because I’m still a hopeless romantic who believes in happy ever afters.
Post # 3
I find the idea of making vows to each other unbearably exciting and I figure if we’re going to do that there’s no reason not to make it official. 🙂
Post # 4
Also, I want him to have legal rights to my money, to my family, to my life.
Post # 5
can I answer???
Because I love him. My entire life has been better because he and the kids are a part of my life. I never knew him, but I missed him before I met him. In the words of Chrisette I feel that Love is (him) you everytime I am near him.
Post # 6
#1 Reason: Because he is so amazing, and I have never been happier! and while it’s not as cliche as him “completing” me, I think we very much fit together like puzzle pieces, and I am still as crazy about him and in love with as when we first started dating!
– to be old-fashioned, i, too, love the sense of stability of being in a marriage, and still believe that that’s what people “should do”. (curly – you’re not naive!). plus, all kinds of statistics and studies have been done that show married people (presumably, happily married people) live longer, etc.
– related to the previous reason, i only have my mom left (and technically an uncle, my mom’s older brother, but that’s a whole other can of worms i won’t open), and it’s sort of scary to think that if something happened to her in the near future, i’d be totally alone. so the more family i can get at this point, whether by blood or by law, the better for me!
– and speaking of, his family is awesome and it gives me the opportunity to have a big family that i’ve always wanted since i’m an only child and come from a single-parent home. plus my BF is starting to be an uncle and i’m tired of the “aunt” J in quotation marks!!
Post # 7
I love my honey too, obviously. I figured that went without saying.
@Jaxx: I totally know what you mean about the puzzle piece thing. That’s how we both feel too. From the beginning, we’ve just fit. He has just about everything I’ve always wanted in a partner expect for a zillion dollars. lol…
Post # 8
So many reasons, but I finally found the person that makes me whole
Post # 9
it makes me think of that song, “Such Great Heights”:
I am thinking it’s a sign that the freckles
In our eyes are mirror images and when
We kiss they’re perfectly aligned
And I have to speculate that God himself
Did make us into corresponding shapes like
Puzzle pieces from the clay
Post # 10
Love the lyrics. My bf and I have discussed how we both prayed to find someone to be our friend, companion, lover, soulmate, and then we finally met! Love is in the air!
Post # 11
Because when we were younger I always got that ache in my heart when ever I left him. Sounds corny but it is so the truth. And also because I want the next chapter in our lives to begin on the same page, hand in hand. And because he is my soul-mate the only man I want to grow old with, take care of, and be taken care by.
Post # 12
I am a practical lover so….I want to get married b/c….
I love him not becasue he makes me “whole” (which is okay nothing wrong with that) but because he accepts me in every way. My spiritedness, my independence/dependence, my quirky jokes, my bad hairdays, my occasional tantrums, my cooking and me babying him.
I can look at him every day and not wonder even for a second “what if I were with someone else”. he is my best friend and I want to be his faithful sidekick forever.
I can truly say to the depths of my core he is the 2nd ONE (God is THE ONE) because of how he treats his mother, honors his father, and is loyal to his friends.
I need his grounded-ego, money savvy, mushy and soft heart…to settle my vivacious-ego, frugal-spending, logical though gullible heart every day for the rest of our lives.
I can see him as the father of OUR children, leader of OUR household, best friend in OUR marriage. I look forward to his smelly morning breath, equally smelly socks, and teaching him how to plunge a toilet (LOL long story).
Finally…He loves God…not in a preachy way…but with an understanding that this marriage will be for ETERNITY…there’s no pre-nup, no insurance policy, no refunds, no 2nd chances. And we both realize that to be fortunate enough to have “run into one another” is no coincidence at all but fate.
Post # 13
I have been in love with my bf for along time.. he finds new ways to make me fall in love with him all over again every day. He compliments me in every way possible and he is my hero. He has shown me what a real relationship is about. If he has a problem or question he immediately talks to me about it. He always makes sure to include me in all future plans. He is going to be an amazing dad one day and he is just an incredible and amazing man. I could go on and on about him for days and I still wouldnt even begin to describe the millions of millions of reasons of why I want to marry him. Plain and simple he is my soulmate.
Post # 14
Because he is the first man who has been enough for me, and is enough to hold my complete interest and my heart. He is absolutely everything I need and I am so excited by the thought of the amazing life and family we will have together.
Post # 15
@Frustratedbird: “He is the first man who has been enough for me.” Love this. Feel this too – totally!
Post # 16
Cam makes me feel incredible – and I never want to let that feeling go! I want to live with him, make a family with him, and grow old with him! Plus – I want everyone to know that I love him more than you can imagine. For me – it’s telling everyone that we loce eachotehr and having them come celebrate with us!