- 3 years ago
I understand we have just over 2 years to plan (I can’t believe it’s already been 6 months since we got engaged) but this was an interesting “discussion” I had with FFIL, a few times.
He (and a few others) keeps giving me grief about our budget. Keep in mind NO ONE is paying for anything other then myself and my FI. I do not go around telling everyone this is my budget. They ASSUME because I’m having it at the university nearby, that it is going to be pricey!
I’m aiming for $7500.00 and he thinks I’m insane. This was my explanation to him the other day when he got into how he thinks I’m crazy, AGAIN!
- I technically pay NOTHING for the reception area itself!
- For a 3 entree buffet, with 2 sides, 2 salads, 2 veggies, and dinner rolls, its going to be $22.00 per person. If we cut back to a 2 entree buffet it drops to $20.00 per person.
- For an open bar its going to be $16.95 per person (under 21 its going to be $3.95 and we have about 24 under 21). So, about $40.00 per ADULT
- If I go with linens they have there (basic colors, about 12 different shades) they are free. IF I decide to go with a color they don’t have its $1.00 more per table cloth, and .50 per napkin.
- The have a giant collection of decorations that we can use FOR FREE!!
- Servers and bartenders are included in the package.
- 2 campus police are included for security.
- A wonderful DOC, that is so far very helpful!
I think that is about everything that comes with it.
IF we have all 100 (ish) people come that we want to invite its about $4000.00 for food, drinks, space, 75% of my decorations etc.
I am not having one single flower, its not that I don’t like flowers but why pay so much for them when they are lowest on my list of priorities.
We have a family friend who does photography and I am seriously thinking of asking her. Not positive yet though.
My main priority is the DJ, I want lots of dancing!!!
We will most likely come out right around $7500.00 (giving myself a little wiggle room of $8000.00 if needed)
I have been very, I hate this word but.. frugal all my life and I think that at the fabulous age of 40 (42 at the weddign) I can competently decide if it is worth spending this amount of money on a day I have waited the last 10 years for.
This is a first and ONLY wedding for both of us.
Why is it such a big deal what and how we do our wedding when NO ONE else is contributing. And where are the manners when it comes to stuff like money… isn’t that suppose to be rude to ask people about finances?
Also, if it matters once I got FFIL to stop shaking his head and rolling his eyes long enough to listen to EVERYTHING that cames with the venue he finally got it and relented…for now!