Post # 1
I think this would be a great post (even if it only helps me). Let’s come up with reason why we should be happy that we are waiting, to make this Tuesday start off positive!
1) I have an amazing relationship with an amazing boyfriend.
2) I have found the man I am going to marry.
3) I have a very legitimate reason to not be working and be on the WeddingBee!
4) I know there are exciting things in the near future.
What about yall? Postive things about being in the “waiting” category!
Post # 3
Good idea! I like your reasons, and also:
– I’m going to have a great piece of sparkly new jewelry soon!
– As much as I hate waiting for surprises, I’m looking forward to his proposal since I know he’s been working on making nice plans.
– We have already committed to each other, and I feel secure with him
Post # 4
Hehe as a recent graduate, I would say:
– you still have what’s going to be one of the most euphoric moments of your life AHEAD of you!! 🙂
Post # 5
This is great! My reasons for being happy that I’m waiting:
-I waited a long time to even find this man, so I need to remember how lucky I am to have him….no matter what our “title” is.
-I can pre-plan all I want…without having to spend any moolah yet!
-I can picture in my head a million different scenerios of how he’ll pop the question….and he’ll probably still surprise me.
Post # 6
OOh I love this!!
-I still have some of the greatest moments of my life ahead of me, to look forward to.
-I know I met the man of my dreams and get to enjoy being young with him now, and making those memories that we will talk about when we are old 🙂
-Enjoying the anticipation of the surprise way he will propose–he has told me over and over that he wants me to be really surprised! And the surprise of what beautiful ring he will pick out.
-Even though it sucks that we don’t live together yet, we still have that first excitement of moving in and being on our own
-Feeling young because we are still unmarried
-Enjoying my youth and having my freedom, and also being able to spend the extra money on that outfit that I’m just dying to buy 🙂
-Planning my dream wedding in my head, even if we wont have the money to do everything in my fantasy
I’m sure there are more but these are the ones that jump out at me 🙂
Post # 7
LOVE this thread 🙂
– Because I know that my SO is taking the time to make sure he is financially stable before we publicly make the commitment we’ve made to each other privately
– Because I have a lot of good things to look forward to 🙂
– Because this time has been giving me a wonderful chance to grow as an individual and prepare myself for marriage, and I’m still enjoying that process and taking it as far as I can in the time given to me
Post # 8
-because I still have a while to take carefree trips with my sister before I have to check with him first.LOL
– because I LOVE anticipation, binders,preplanning and counting down to things (this engagement, vacations, house shopping,ANYTHING)
-because there are still things I can make my point blank decision on without compromising. THAT is gonna be a hard one for me.LOL
Post # 9
– Not many occasions in life provide this level of emotional anticipation (except waiting for a child to be born, I suppose) might as well enjoying the butterflies and excitement of thinking about when the big moment can happen 🙂
Post # 10
I feel like Charlotte from SATC saying her affirmations…
- Beacause when we get engaged, we will really have to arrange for our sets of parents to meet. Disaster.
- Sometimes the word “fiancee” sounds so adult. “Boyfriend” envokes stuf like kissing in the back of a car and getting a letterman jacket. Let’s hold on to that for as long as we can
- An engagement ring is a really expensive item I could potentially lose
- Anticipation is really the best
- I have more time to figure out the whole interfaith thing.
Post # 11
.We are going to be so ready for actual planning when the time comes!!
.When the engagement time actually comes we will be able to enjoy it because we have already firgured so much out
.It will mean so much to us when he proposes because it is something we have longed for for a while
.I will know he did it on his terms and I didn’t pressure him into it
Post # 12
Nice Thread!! We are happy we are waiting because…
-My bestfriend has made a commitment to spend the rest of his life with me
-it gives me more time to figure out what I do and dont like about weddings
-our love is so strong its worth the wait
Post # 13
– I have had to kiss a couple of (player) frogs to find my prince!
– I already have a great boyfriend, and I know he will make a great husband.
– I have someone to share all my dreams and all my fears with, and he can do the same.
Post # 14
@Trishthedish36: Totally agree with you! Especially the first and last one!
Post # 15
Miss Co-Pilot- I SO agree with this: I have had to kiss a couple of (player) frogs to find my prince!
Emphasis on the player part!LOL
Post # 16
– I didn’t marry the wrong man!!! I am happy every day that I didn’t marry my highschool and college sweetheart and that I waited. (We had planned a wedding to take place 6 years ago last summer! ahh)
-Because we didn’t rush into it, we’ve had a couple of years to save up for that dream ring and wedding.
-I still remember the disapproval from everyone around me when I was young and engaged and thankfully I won’t have to deal with that this time.
-The proposal will mean even more now than it would have a couple of years ago. I have wished and waited and hoped for this ring! (and this man!)