Will a corset back go with this dress? David's Bridal CWG468

posted 3 years ago in Dress
Post # 4
240 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2014

Is there any other reason other than fit that you want a corset back? I thing basically reconstructing the dress is a lot of work, and money! I would just keep it as is and have them take it in.

Post # 6
111 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

@Lizzy723:  +1

@MsLiveOak:  I don’t think a corset would make the dress too busy per se, but also I don’t think it’s necessary.  It is already a beautiful dress!  Since you are having it altered, it can be made to fit you without needing the adjustability of a corset.  If David’s can’t do the work, you can shop around for a seamstress who can.

Post # 7
111 posts
Blushing bee

@MsLiveOak:  Just saw your most recent comment — I’d doubt they’d be able to salvage enough fabric for the modesty panel unless your dress is huge on you (YMMV, I am not a seamstress so that is not a professional opinion).  If they can’t get enough matching fabric, then I would definitely recommend keeping the back as over having a mismatched piece.  

Post # 9
111 posts
Blushing bee

@MsLiveOak:  YMMV = your mileage may vary/you might see things differently than I do.  Good luck with whatever you decide to do!

Post # 10
240 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2014

@nanilani04:  +1

If you think about it, taking the flowers off, cutting the zipper out and cutting V in the dress to put the corset in, installing the corset then re attaching the flowers is a heck of a lot more than taking off the flowers,  taking in and reapplying flowers. Plus, to top that all off you might not even have enough fabric for a modesty piece. Do you really want to destroy a beautiful dress with a mismatched back? Me neither. It may not sound like a lot when you think about it, but it is.

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors