Post # 1
Bees – ever since I found out my SO had a ring appointment and overheard him tell his friend that he was going to propose, I have been anxiously on the lookout for signs that it might happen soon. Obviously, any nice gesture is surely a plan for a proposal, ha! Please tell me I am not alone.
Some reasons that I think it might happen tonight:
- He offered to cook me a nice dinner at home. This has happened maybe 3 times in our entire relationship. Usually, I am the one to make dinner (which is fine because I love it, I refer to cooking as my therapy) so this came as quite the shock.
- He wanted to have a nice quiet night in. As an introvert, this sounds like heaven to me, but he is extremely extroverted and I’ve had to gently remind him several times that making plans for us to do things in all of our free time makes me feel a little frazzled. I usually let him know when I need a night in though, he has never planned one himself.
- He was supposed to hang out with a friend last night (the same one I overheard him on the phone with) to catch up and have dinner. I knew what part of town they were supposed to be in, but when I asked him where they ate dinner after he got home, he fumbled for words and then mentioned a spot at the mall – far from where they were supposed to be! But there is a Tiffany store at the mall and i’m 90% sure that’s where the ring will be from based on various hints he has dropped.
- After he got home, we were laying in bed and he was being super sweet, telling me he would do anything for me and I was his little princess, then asked to see my left hand and was caressing my ring finger while looking at me with lovey-eyes.
- He told me that his friend had a bunch of great things to say about me, which would be kind of a random topic if they were just doing a regular dinner-catch-up night.
I guess all of these things sound mundane by themselves and this is probably just the first of many “OMG is it happening tonight?!” posts… but keep your fingers crossed for me! Even if it doesn’t happen, i’m looking forward to spending a fun night in with him. Our neighborhood is hosting a holiday parade that will go right past our front porch with fireworks later in the evening and we will also be decorating our christmas tree!
Post # 3
Haha, I think your chances are VERY good!
And your very-soon-to-be-FI is TERRIBLE at keeping a secret!
Post # 4
@Sassyfras27: PLEASE – be careful. I ruined several otherwise special moments for myself getting my hopes up every time (now) FH planned something or we were doing something. While I really hope that it is tonight, try and enjoy the night regardless and don’t be cosntantly wondering is it coming now? why is he doing that? My sister actually ruined her own proposal that way and ended up waiting an extra 3 weeks – she knew her FI was up to something and commented on him being dressed up – he promptly went and changed and went about their night.
Post # 5
@Sassyfras27: It sounds like it could be the night! Keep us posted!
Post # 6
@BrandNewBride: He is a horrible secret keeper, but it is cute that he is so excited!
@MsGinkgo: He has no clue that I suspect it is even coming soon. I know how important it is to him to have it be a surprise, so I always play dumb to any of his hints or slip-ups. I’m sure it will be a great night regardless – after all, it’s the weekend! 🙂
Post # 7
Eeeeek! It totally sounds like it will happen very soon, if not tonight! Try to stay calm and don’t get your hopes up too high (I know that’s nearly impossible!) Enjoy your night, hope you have some good news to report later tonight!
Post # 8
@sassyfras27 Eeeeek! 🙂 Fingers crossed for you girlie!! Don’t forget to update us!! 🙂
Post # 9
OMG chances sound great! I really hope it happens for you! Please keep us updated!!!!!
Post # 10
I’m keeping my fingers crossed for you! It does sound hopeful, but I also hope you can enjoy what sounds like a really nice evening if he doesn’t propose. You’ll have to let us know!
Post # 11
This reminds me of my proposal. I had no say in the ring so I had no idea when it was coming. But, then one weekend, I caught him at the mall showing rings in a store window to my brothers girlfriend. This was also the same weekend that he planned for us to go to San Francisco (a city he does not usually just enjoy going to). Then, we ended up at a very nice restaurant for lunch and he wanted to go to Coit Tower. He complained about how sad he was the weather was drizzly the whole way there. I just knew it was coming! The whole time up at the top of Coit Tower was very bizarre…he was always behind me and we circled around like 3 times. When it didn’t happen, I was like “well I guess I was wrong!” and told him we should go. He said “no, wait…” and then it happened! Good luck to you!
Post # 12
It didn’t happen! But dinner was fantastic and then we cuddled on the couch watching National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation… so i’m still a waiting bee, for now! 🙂
Post # 13
@Sassyfras27: Sorry it didn’t happen! Still sounds like a really lovely evening anyway 🙂
Post # 14
@Sassyfras27: Oh no! I’m sorry it didn’t happen. But I LOVE christmas vacation, one of my favorites! Sounds like a nice evening anyway.
Post # 15
@Sassyfras27: Sorry it didn’t happen:( Sounded like an awesome night anyways though!
Post # 16
@Sassyfras27: It will happen soon enough lady! Sounds like you stayed positive and enjoyed the evening anyway. I read something recently that was a reminder to “enjoy the anticipation” and “live in the moment” rather than waiting for some future thing to happen (i.e. living in the future). I’m trying to keep that in mind and enjoy every moment with my SO before it happens…because you only get to enjoy this experience once, so make the most of it!! Glad you had fun anyway