(Closed) Winter 2012, Anyone?

posted 7 years ago in January 2012
Post # 3
3788 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

Gaaaaah I love that combo so much. You and Miss Knitting are giving me serious wedding envy.

Post # 4
487 posts
Helper bee

Not a winter bride but just wanted to tell you that I love your colors!!

Post # 5
139 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: February 2012

I am a winter 2012 bride as well! We are getting married in on February 11, 2012. It feels like it is so far away, but really its only about a year and a half away. Our colors are plum and champagne with some hints of pale pink mixed it.

Most of my family is fine with the idea of a wedding in the middle of winter. However, my gram is not very happy about it. She is so afraid that it will snow and she will have to drive in it. I understand her hesitation, but we do have reasons for picking winter. One is that it will be so pretty with snow on the ground! We are thinking of having a morning ceremony (around 11) and having a lunch reception so people can leave before dark.  

I started looking at different things for the wedding but nothing is booked yet. I bought a few things such a my garter and the flowers for bouquets.  We are using silk flowers (cheaper and last longer) and I found the perfect flowers already made into bouquets at Michaels. They were 50% off!!! I got enough flowers for me and my whole wedding party as well as mothers/grandmothers for under $60! They are pale pink and champagne roses.  I am going to add some plum color flowers as well. 

Wow. This post turned out being really long… I’m just so excited, I guess. 

Did you pick a date for your wedding yet? What comments have you gotten about a winter wedding?

Post # 7
269 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2012

I’m a winter 2012 bride! We’re thinking January since it’s the month of our anniversary. I’d rather be chilly than sweating in a huge dress in the middle of summer, too! We haven’t really decided on colors, though.

@BostonBaby- I love the idea of evergreen!

@kms31690: we’re going the silk flower route, too! It’s just SO much more cost-effective to our budget. Plus, the quality of silk flowers has really come a long way!

Post # 8
139 posts
Blushing bee

@BostonBaby – Planning is going well. I have so many ideas.  I had foot surgery last month and I’m still not allowed to walk so I’ve been obsessing over wedding ideas. lol. I sit and look at stuff for hours. Sometimes I think I’m crazy, but then I remind myself that its really only a year and a half away. Did you start trying on dresses yet?  I’ve been engaged since August 2009 and I’ve restrained myself from trying on any dresses, but I don’t know how much longer I can wait! 

@sapphirelady15 – I totally agree with you! It would be sooo hot in the middle of summer. I’m the MOH in my best friend’s wedding next month. Her dress is so heavy and I have to bustle it… Its going to be so hot.  I was on the fence about having silk flowers or not but then I started checking prices and it changed my mind.  We are getting married right before Valentine’s Day and I want roses. Silk ones were so much cheaper.  I don’t think they look fake and they are perfect for me.  Here is a picture of one of the bridesmaids bouquets. I am going to some plum colored flowers as well. 

Post # 9
269 posts
Helper bee

Oooh, very bridal and pretty! Good choice!

Post # 11
269 posts
Helper bee

I’ve been driving FI nuts with wedding ideas- we’ve been engaged since March 09′- (we’re waiting until I after I graduate late next year). I’ve been following Ms.Knitting’s posts with growing interest- I loved her candles post!

@BostonBaby: I’d really love to do favorite seasonal foods, so a combo of both! I love hearty cold- weather fare- to me it says, “party” more than summer food. That’s probably because around the winter months, there are a lot of holidays/celebrations that come with yummy food- hellooooo, Thanksgiving and Christmas treats! 😀

Post # 12
139 posts
Blushing bee

I’m not sure what foods I want exactly. We are planning on having a lunch reception and having hot turkey sandwiches or hot beef sandwiches with some type of potato and veggie. Its a nice hot meal on a cold winter day. Plus you can’t go wrong with a hot turkey sandwich. yummy!

@sapphirelady15 – FI and I are waiting too because of school. He graduates in February and I will graduate in December 2011. I will graduate with about 2 months until the wedding. Its like I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel – only 2 more semesters of classes and 1 semester of student teaching! woo! 

Post # 13
2196 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: January 2013

Yay!!!  January 7 2012 here! I’m so psyched about this new board.  The snow does make me a little anxious, especially since everybody is going to be an out-of-towner, but we’re getting awesome rates on everything since it’s off-season, and my dress weighs 40 lbs (no sh!+), so I’m pretty happy about our choice!  Our colors are navy, lavender, ice blue, ivory, and gold.

Post # 14
1017 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: January 2018

@BostonBaby: Im getting married in Dec. 2014. but i love replying to peoples negative comments about winter weddings, i find that usually when they ask a smart ass comment, and i actually reply they are shocked and have nothing to say 🙂
Why Winter? cause its my favorite season, and thats when we got engaged
What about travel? cause travel is awesome any other time of the year? would you rather travel in plus 35 celcius weather, i think not
What if it snows? i hope so, snows so pretty
Its cold in December! I wasnt aware i was getting married outside? I was leaning towards getting married in a church then going to a warm hall afterwards, but mabey ill take you up on the outside idea.
I find that usually when you have an answer, they are at a loss of words on what to say next 🙂

@BostonBaby: Im hoping to do a christmas meal. Dec. 20th is so close to christmas that i think it will be perfect 🙂

Post # 15
269 posts
Helper bee

Whoo, Veganglam!! We’re date twinkies! 😉

The topic ‘Winter 2012, Anyone?’ is closed to new replies.

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors