(Closed) Winter Wedding – December 2013 – tips greatly appreciated!

posted 5 years ago in December 2013
Post # 3
4441 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: January 2013 - Harbourfront Grand Hall

@PrincessIncognito:  Love your color scheme, I can’t see your picture tho 🙁

Post # 8
4441 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: January 2013 - Harbourfront Grand Hall

@PrincessIncognito:  I can see it now, GORGEOUS! 🙂

Post # 10
46154 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

Beautiful dress! It reminds me of something Grace Kelly or a princess would wear.

With your color scheme and that dress, my inspiration for a theme would be vintage/regal.

Not vintage like antique, vintage like the 40’s and 50’s.

see this post:

what color matches help////

From http://www.theperfectpalette.com

Post # 12
6 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: June 2011

That dress is stunning. I am glad some brides are still choosing princessy traditional dresses if they want that look. 

I have heard that Elie Saab is expensive but not sure how much. You could call Pronovias and check? 

If it is too pricey you could achieve a similook look by getting a satin dress and a lace ‘jacket’ to go over.

Post # 14
6 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: June 2011

@PrincessIncognito:  if it is a couture designer you would almost certainly be looking at a minimum of $5,000. Some of the other bees may have a clearer idea.

Pronovias actually do an off-shoulder lace overlay which could go nicely over a princess/ball gown shape dress to achieve a similar look.

Post # 16
720 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

I’m a winter bride too! We haven’t fully settled on colours, but I’m thinking of black, dark red (not fire engine red, but more like a dark crimson) and white. I love the dress you’re looking at! Lace is so feminine, and also looks “wintery” at the same time. I also love the idea of the hood/cloak! I’m thinking maybe of making a faux fur muff for outdoor photos.

The topic ‘Winter Wedding – December 2013 – tips greatly appreciated!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors