Post # 1
BF and I decided to buy a stand in until such a time that we can find a setting we both LOVE for the diamond he has. Sounds fantastic! Until this morning I am trying to look and show him a great option, when he decides to send me one for him, then tells me to put mine on the back burner. What!? He was all for it just a few minutes before, but then suddenly it’s not important enough. 🙁 Probably just that I am having a bad waiting day but I want to punch him in the big toe now.
We have been ready to get engaged since April of last year, he planned to do it in may, but was waiting on the diamond. He got it, in august and we cant decide together on a setting. 😛
I am moving in with him next week, which I wanted the ring before that big of a thing, but my mom decided to move out and I only had a few weeks notice. Which is good that he was planning on living together as soon as we were engaged but, I don’t want to get stuck in a bad mood feeling like this is all an endless cycle… *deep breath*
I love him, he loves me, we are going to get married, already have some details planned. Maybe I am just hormonal. 😛 Thanks for listening bees!
Post # 3
Hmm. . . on the one hand, I think that if he is getting an e-ring, then you should too– a stand-in until you find the right setting for the diamond he has. On the other hand, if you know you are going to get married, and he bought and already posesses the diamond, why waste the money on a stand-in? Unless you find something inexpensive on Etsy or in a jewelry shop in your town.
If you’re both wanting to get a stand-in, and that was the agreement, I would insist on it before moving in, and get something inexpensive that you could perhaps wear on your right hand once you have the real ring.
Even if the stand-in doesn’t look like a traditional e-ring, if you’re wearing it on the proper finger, people will assume it’s an e-ring. I wear a nice gemstone ring I bought years ago on the middle finger of my left hand and people (esp. my relatives) constantly assume it’s an engagement ring.
Post # 4
He didn’t buy the diamond, it is actually a famiy heirloom from his side of the family. 🙂 So we really want it to be special.
The stand in will be either something inexpensive as in less then $40, or we really want to use another heirloom ring that I have from my mother. Just waiting for him to take a quick look around this week in case she says that it would bother her. Which I really don’t see happening.
As for waiting to move in, I really can’t because it’s either move in with him, or live on the street and be homeless. :/ But after expressing my concerns in a calm state last night, he would really like to have this all done so that we can make everything official either by the time I move in next week, or before my sisters wedding at the end of march. We have already asked her if this would bother her, and she is so thrilled she wishes we would have been engaged sooner to plan together. 🙂