(Closed) Wondering if I am still on track for my 10/13 wedding

posted 5 years ago in October 2013
Post # 3
663 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2017 - Vegas Wedings

I think this sounds good. What about photographer, DJ, cake (if you’re doing one)….. mmm, what else?

May want to ask a Mod to move this over to the Oct 2013 boards for more responses.

Post # 4
9142 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 2013 - St. Augustine Beach, FL

@Bridezilla9:  You are doing well.  I planned my first wedding in less than 5 months easily.

Are you planning on having a photographer or DJ?  I would book them next because popular ones book up fast.  Also, does your venue include catering?  If not, that also needs to be towards the top of your list.

You should send invites out to people locally 6-8 weeks before the wedding or shower. For out of town guests, it can be 12-16 weeks out.  I wouldn’t send it out more than 4 months in advance though because people tend to forget or misplace invitations if they are sent too early.

As for registering, they usually say to wait until 3-4 months out so that you don’t end up with a bunch of discontinued items on your registry.  You can register now if you want but make sure to check it once a month or more to remove discontinued items and add new items.

Post # 5
3568 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

You’ve done way more than me, so I’d say you’re fine! 

So far, I have my dress, venue, caterer, photographer and DJ.  We decided on using silk flowers and I’m in process of DIYing them now.  Mom is making table runners. I started a registry and haven’t finished it…sent out my Save the Dates today.  

I plan on sending out invites about 2 months out. 

I still have to pick bridesmaid dresses (one Bridesmaid or Best Man is TTC so we are waiting as long as possible), flower girl dresses, tuxedos, rentals, purchase my tablecloths and candy for my candy buffet.

No idea yet on a bridal shower (FI and I are currently looking to buy our first home, hence why I haven’t finished a registry yet.)

You have time, don’t stress about it! 🙂

The topic ‘Wondering if I am still on track for my 10/13 wedding’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors