Wooo Oct 2018

posted 1 year ago in October 2018
Post # 16
18 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: October 2018

Ok. We changed the date (now it’s 10/5/18, a Friday) and booked the venue last week. I’ve picked the caterer (taco bar and should be super fun, and pretty easy going and not too expensive), and I’ve picked the photographer and will have her booked on 2/15/17).   Now I’m working on losing weight as I’ve got about 70 to get to my goal. My mom lives in CA, where I’m from but I live in TN now, and she’s coming to visit in June and wants to check out dresses. I’m not planning on getting one then but it’ll be fun to look. She’s not paying either so I need to save money on the dress so I can get my photographer and that’s one place I chose to cut budget and I’ll likely pick up something at a sample sale in November. 

The only thing I wanted knocked out was the venue and maybe photographer. Everyone keeps telling me that October is a popular month and venues aren’t cheap, I was lucky to find a venue that’s new to weddings and they are building their portfolio so I’m getting it for about $2500 instead of the 4-7k that seems to be the going rate during that time. 

Post # 17
29 posts
Newbee

supercoolstephy :  That’s an awesome deal on your venue! I’m so out of my element with planning this. I wasn’t even sure I wanted a photographer but if we do decide to, is that something that needs to be booked this early? 

Post # 18
4 posts
Wannabee

Yaaaay! So happy i’m not the only one on here with October 2018 wedding!

We have booked venue and photographer so far!

what has everyone else sorted yet?

Post # 19
40 posts
Newbee

Hi!! The waiting is so hard! I keep researching wedding bands when I should be looking at photographers or something. 

We have our venue for 10-13-18. That’s it! Excited to plan more once I graduate from grad school this May. 

Post # 20
29 posts
Newbee

I went to a bridal shower last weekend and started to get super antsy listening to the bride talk about how stressful planning has been for her. I loved my long engagement because it was supposed to take some of the stress out of planning for me. But then I didn’t plan very much! It kicked me into high gear, I guess. I booked my photographer and DJ today!

For those of you that have booked your photographer, what was the package and how much was it? 

Post # 21
124 posts
Blushing bee

FutureMrsDrB :  Our wedding is October 27, 2018 too!!!!! We officially booked our venue and church. Congrats!!!!! 

Post # 23
46 posts
Newbee

apra26 :  I’m 27 October 2018 too!! Yaaay!

So far we’ve booked: venue, photographer, videographer, hair and make up

And I also got my dress a couple a weeks ago! 😀

Post # 24
124 posts
Blushing bee

majormeow :  yay congrats 🙂🙂! I got my dress a couple of weeks ago too! We still have to book a DJ and a photographer 

Leave a comment

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors