(Closed) WORKOUT BUDDIES 11/1/2010

posted 7 years ago in Fitness
Post # 3
1418 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

I did good this past week/end – step class at the gym on Thursday, NMTZ on Saturday, and a pilates class yesterday.  I have class tomorrow and Wednesday though, so it looks like I will have to get back to step class on Thursday!  I have my boudoir photos on Saturday and I am feeling good about myself, even though I still have a bit more weight loss and toning to go.  Overall, I am down about 7 lbs in the last 6 weeks, which means I am currently around 138 lbs!  I was up to about 155 lb last year after graduating, so I think I have done well so far!  Although I did have a trainer to help me with the first 10 lbs…which was awesome!

Post # 5
3126 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: December 2017

@dance: have fun at your boudior pictures! Those are one thing I really wanted that FI nixed. He says he would rather take them himself if I really want to get some done, which I guess works in its way… Anyway, totally off topic 🙂

I did a half hour on the elliptical on Saturday as well as ab exercises. Sunday I really meant to get to the gym, but instead I sat at home and ate hot wings and candy- epic fail. Oh well- it was my treat for the week and what a perfect day for it.

Today I did 30 minutes of yoga on the Wiifit, started C25K (YAY!), and did some weight machines at the gym for the first time. I did the back extension, the ab machine, and the chest press…and now it hurts a little bit to text on my phone.

@MrsSaltWaterTaffy: Did having a trainer make a big difference for you? Right now I am a complete novice, mostly just trying to eat healthy and try a bunch of different things to see what I like. If so, is that something you reccomend as I am just getting started, or would it be more helpful to wait until closer to the big day (probably about 4-6 mo out)?

Post # 6
2237 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

The end of last week was pretty much a fail for me, unless you count shopping for like 6 hours on Friday as exercise (I walk quickly…? hahaha).  And then Saturday I was walking around downtown for a solid 4 hours (finishing shopping for Halloween costumes haha).  So I wasn’t just sitting around!  Then I used all of my weekly Weight Watchers points on Saturday to drink and eat pizza…the rest of this week is going to be tough!

Yesterday I went to physical therapy which is getting more hardcore, and I was there for 40 minutes, but I still only consider it light-moderate exercise.  I was going to do level 2 of the Shred when I got home, but my computer was acting funny (I do my workouts in the basement with my computer instead of an actualy TV, but I have a 25 inch monitor so it works fine) so I went and played video games instead, hahahaha.

Today I have physical therapy again, and afterwards I’m either going to do a DVD (not sure which one yet though) or if my computer is still acting funny I’ll do my own circuit with my stationary bike and the kettlebells I bought on Sunday!

Post # 7
3620 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

Is it too late to join in? I told myself last week that I would start back up on 11/1 – I’d been slackin’ and eating like CRAP after our wedding on 9/25…

True to my word, I began my “back on the wagon” workouts yesterday on 11/1. It was not pretty… 

I got up early to do Level 1 of the 30 day Shred, and only made it halfway through before I felt lightheaded and had to stop. Granted, I hadn’t eaten breakfast, and DH reminded me that I didn’t really have much for dinner either, so that could have something to do with it!

Then I got home from work and met up with a friend to go running, a feeble attempt at salvaging my workouts for the day… feeble being the operative word. We ran about a mile before I got a cramp in my side and had to stop to walk… then ran another ¾ of a mile, and walked the remaining ¼ of a mile home. The air was so cold, my lungs were pretty angry with me.

This morning was a better showing – woke up early, ran to the polls to cast my votes, then came home and popped in Level 1 again. This time I made it through without getting lightheaded, which was good! Used 3lb weights.

My plan for November is a straight 30-day Shred, 10 days of each level. I plan to vary it up a bit by doing 5 days of each level with 3lb weights and 5 days with 5lb weights. Two days down, 28 to go. 

Post # 8
13 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: April 2012

I want to get in on this too. I have fallen out of my routine of long distance running about 6 months ago and my waistline has seen the results (not pretty). I am struggling to motivate myself to find the joy in working out again. I’m looking for support and encouragement and someone to keep me accountable.

Since I’m not getting married until 2012, I want to spend 2011 just getting back into shape and being healthy.

I occassionally do the shred but find myself bored after a few days even though I like Jillian. I have yet to do a full 30 days in a row, that would be an accomplishment.

To here’s to workout companionship and to helping each other through those pounds!

Post # 9
1254 posts
Bumble bee

I did pretty well last week. Moved my day-off from Sunday to Saturday, but it kinda ruined my C25K program for me. So now, I’m going between week 3 and week 4 with only one day break.

Speaking of week 4…holy crap! Hardest thus far….I was going crazy on the treadmill trying to make it through 5 minutes. I had to slow my pace to 11min/mile half-way through the run just to make it through. Then I stopped mid-way through my last 5 minute stretch. I’m so mad at myself for doing that. Ugh!!

I also picked up biking over the weekend. Like many of you have mentioned, it’s supposed to help with my knees and it really has. I noticed a difference just walking down stairs. It used to hurt a lot and now I barely notice. I still have to start doing lunges but I’ve been doing strength-training on my legs too, so hopefully those will help.

Thank you MissAsB and huckleberry783 for your suggestions from last week! 🙂

Post # 10
2237 posts
Buzzing bee

Today I did 15 minutes warming up by walking on the treadmill then 25 minutes of different ab workouts at physical therapy.  Then when I got home I did half of Burn Fat Boost Metabolism.  It was my first time with that workout, and I think it’s my favorite Jillian Michael’s DVD.  She does a lot of kickboxing stuff, and its fun!  I would have done the whole thing, but I’ve gotta go catch glee!  And I don’t feel bad considering I already worked out for 40 minutes today…

Tomorrow I don’t have PT, so I’ll probably do an insanity workout!

Post # 11
404 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

Ugh. I only worked out twice last week. I’m just not feeling it. I wish I had something other than the fitness tapes to do. It’s just way too cold to run outside right now.

Post # 12
1775 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2009

Sunday I was super lazy.  Yesterday I did banish fat boost metabolism for the first time, and only got through 2.5 circuits.  Today I did week 5, day 2 of c25k.  I got through it- 8 minute run, 5 minute walk, 8 minute run.  I am totally stressing about Thursday’s 20 minute run. 

I had decided to give myself a reward for every 10 pounds I lose, but haven’t come up with anything good yet.  I have plenty of clothes in smaller sizes.  I also need to come up with a reward for when I finish c25k; I might try to do something for myself if/when I make it through the 20 minute run.

@7SEVENJ9: and @Rose_Dust: welcome.

@baldor1: keep it up.  Running slowly is very helpful; I do, and once I can run 30 minutes in a row, then I will focus more on speed.

@MandaMack: good job! BFBM is tough!

Post # 13
489 posts
Helper bee

Today I started day one of C25K! Kicked my butt but I am feeling motivated!! I signed up for my first 5K for the third week in January so I have something to work towards!

Post # 14
3126 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: December 2017

@pumpkinpatch: I was going to do day 2 today and I hurt so bad I just couldnt do it. So FI and I drove one block and then came back home instead of going to the gym lol. Tomorrow is another day!

I did 30 min of yoga today and some ab exercies.

Post # 15
2237 posts
Buzzing bee

@guitargirl: BFBM is fuuuuuuun!  I don’t think it is as tough as NMTZ (then again, I didn’t do the whole thing, maybe it gets tougher at the end) but it is completely different and I’m glad I added it to my ever growing selection of workout DVDs!

Post # 16
424 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2009

I did 45 minutes on the elliptical on Monday. Last night, I did kickboxing and a 2-mile walk on the treadmill. I want to run before vacation starts Saturday, but I don’t know when I will have time.

Our first anniversary is this Sunday so we are celebrating on vacation (New Orleans and then cruise) Unlike my last cruise, next week I totally plan on taking advantage of the fitness center and running track. I plan on eating whatever I want, but I’m hoping that I can keep the weight gain to a minimum with a workout every day.

The topic ‘WORKOUT BUDDIES 11/1/2010’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors