(Closed) WORKOUT BUDDIES 1/18/10

posted 8 years ago in Fitness
Post # 3
1573 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2010

Hi Rosie.  It feels like awhile since we’ve talked.  It’s my fault, this wasn’t a busy weddingbee week for me.

So I grudgingly weighed myself.

Start was 168

Last Week: 162

This week: 163

Gain/loss: +1

I know what I did wrong. I didn’t run this week. I just kept putting it off.  I need to just get home and go.  Also these last two days, I didn’t watch what I ate.

Let’s try and set a goal of our workouts for this week and we’ll check in with each other.  This will help us to really do it and be happier with ourselves next week.

Post # 4
Hostess
18646 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2009

Starting weight: 128

Last week: 127

Today: 128

Lost/Gain: +1

Eh, I went up too.  I only went to the gym 3 times last week and then I did yard work on Friday which put me out of commission because my back hurt the rest of the weekend.  Looks like it wasn’t a great week for all of us!

Post # 5
1392 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2010 - Heron Hill Winery

start: 204 (in September)

last week:  193 lbs

this week: 192 lbs

loss of 1 lbs woohoo!!

goal:  150lbs

I felt really great last week and even though the scale didn’t move much I feel slimmer and I am hoping to keep on pushing and get through the month under 190!  I have been watching my diet a lot more during the week, but had my fails on the weekend with going to the movies and drinking wine while I worked on my STDs….I am going to hit up the gym after work and am going to run some more ( i have ~20miles to go to reach 40 this month).   That means I could run 1.5 miles each day till the end or run 3 miles for 7 days.  I can do, it yes I can!

@ Charm do you  have a running goal for the month?

Post # 6
1392 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2010 - Heron Hill Winery

@ Rosie chin up!! Are you also taking measurements?  You could be losing inches without seeing changes on the scale!!

Post # 7
77 posts
Worker bee

Starting weight:  137

Last week:  132.4

Today:  131.4

Loss/Gain:  -1 lb

Last week I didn’t work out as much because I was busy with work but I guess being busy also meant I didn’t snack as much.  I’m hoping this week I can get more on routine with my workouts.  It’s so cold and sleeting out today…after work all I want to do is snuggle on the couch with a blanket and not move.  Hopefully my motivation level will go up as the day goes on…

Post # 8
4385 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

Here is mine! I bought a new scale so the numbers are a little off.

Starting weight:  177

Last week:  175 (old scale)

Today:  174.6 (which is 173 on the old scale)

Loss/Gain:  -2 lbs!!

I am pleasantly surprised as I did not do well with the diet, but I went to the gym 5 times so that may have helped a lot πŸ™‚

I second the measurements idea for those not seeing the scale drop! It really is a better indicator.

Post # 9
Bee
2362 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2010 - New York Botanical Garden

I didn’t weigh myself (no scale…oops) but I had a bad week – it was a “special” week of the month and I was so hungry all the time!  I thought I might try and get myself back on track this week and check in again next week.

I am about 138 and pretty sure I’ve just been hovering around this recently (about 15 up from where I’d like to be).

I’m starting with my pedometer today – a run at the gym gave me an advantage for today, but I’m going to try the 10,000 step challenge…anyone have luck with this?

I’m also keeping a journal of eating and working out – we’ll see what that does!

Good luck this week – it will be a good one πŸ™‚

Post # 10
1573 posts
Bumble bee

@OttawaBride: that is so good! 2 pounds is a great success! It was all the gym workouts.  

@Bluebutterfly: Nope, no running goal.  I did enter a 5K for February 7th, so I need to get on it.  I am setting more weekly goals. This week it’s run/walk 2 miles for 3 days. 

It’s raining today, so I can’t run outside.  I will have to go to the gym to run. Ughhh. I want to run on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.

I can’t run over the weekend because I will be in San Fran on a small weekend get away. But I plan on doing a lot of walking!

Post # 11
809 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

Start 156.8

last week: 158

This week: 156.8

So I guess I’m down from last week but back to my starting weight. lol. I injured my hip running yesterday so this week might be interesting…

Post # 12
474 posts
Helper bee

Sounds like the infamous second week slump. Don’t worry about the number on the scale! Look at the big picture and take into account how your clothes fit and the fact that you are increasing your fitness every single time you work out!

Post # 13
Hostess
18646 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2009

Haha I know!  Stupid slumping!

Post # 14
1573 posts
Bumble bee

Just keep thinking of the end goal.  Week by week we might not see a big a difference but our goal is to keep pushing until you get there. So don’t stop trying. 

Of course, it’s easier said than done, but we’ve got to keep trying, right?

Post # 15
1573 posts
Bumble bee

Just keep thinking of the end goal.  Week by week we might not see a big a difference but our goal is to keep pushing until you get there. So don’t stop trying. 

Of course, it’s easier said than done, but we’ve got to keep trying, right?

The topic ‘WORKOUT BUDDIES 1/18/10’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors