(Closed) WORKOUT BUDDIES 12/27/2010

posted 7 years ago in Fitness
Post # 3
1893 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: April 2011

Whoops, just posted in last weeks thread!  Let’s try again in the right place πŸ™‚

I didn’t work out all last week either (or the two weeks before that: ugh.)  I had to stop doing the insanity because of my back.  πŸ™  Today I’m back on the bandwagon though, diet included (last week was UGLY, diet-wise.)

I did an on-demand cardio workout today.  After doing all the hardcore stuff I’ve been doing, these on demand workouts are not very challenging.  I’m kind of at a loss.  Apparently my fitness level is beyond what my body is capable of doing without my back hurting, you know?  It’s a frustrating place to be. I did the treadmill yesterday, maybe I’ll do that again tommorrow.  

My landlady is a personal trainer for this slow weight lifting method, has anyone heard of it?  I guess there’s special gyms for it.  Anyway, she offered to train me at a greatly reduced rate for the wedding!  So I’m gonna try that starting next week, along with some easier cardio morning routines for fat burning.

We shall see how it goes! 

Post # 4
442 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2015

I sure did. FI got netflix and any movie you want can be played on your tv. They have work out movies, and we decided to do some yoga. 

Post # 6
1891 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

FI and I got eachother an elliptical for Xmas… now we just have to use it!  My first fitting is 1/25 and I really want to lose at least a lb a week til then.

Any of you guys do Jillian Michaels workouts?  I’m thinking about getting back into No More Trouble Zones and the 30 Day Shred but the videos (and Jillian) are so intimidating!  But I know I need to work out and eat right–this past weekend was nothing but cheese, carbs, cake, and wine and I feel so yucky.

Post # 8
3126 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: December 2017

No workouts for the past two weeks (except for moving and shoveling. I can count those, right πŸ™‚ Diet was horrible! As of yestserday I am trying my hardest to be good again and lay off the junk food. I gave the guy who installed our internet yesterday two cupcakes just to get rid of them, haha.

For Christmas I got NMTZ so I plan to try it out today. Wish me luck!

Post # 10
231 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

I didn’t work out on Christmas or the day after, but I ran 4 miles and did a strength circuit at the gym on 12/24. Today it is too snowy to go to the gym, so i did Jillian Michaels 30 day shred (level 1, I think I need to move up to level 2 though!).

I am officially down 15+ pounds since April…and down 20 pounds since December 2009. I don’t think I actually believed I could lose this much weight for the wedding…it is awesome! I’m so excited that my dress will have to be taken in πŸ™‚

Is No More Trouble Zones easier or harder than 30 day shred? Do you do cardio on your own before you do the DVD?

Post # 12
40 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: May 2011

i unfortunately have been in a frenzy for the past 3 weeks with christmsas shopping and holiday parties and such and have only worked out a handful of times. so needless to say starting today in bumping my hour workout up to two hours to help burn some of my gained calories. and working our at least 5 days a week. i cant afford for my dress not to fit, as i bought it used so i cant send it back to exchange it for another size. although im still going to be dreading working out, i know it needs to be done. i cant have my fiance looking better than me (who has been working out religiously for almost a year now). i think its about time i finally get back on the trreadmill and run my butt off.

Post # 13
231 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

@MrsSaltWaterTaffy: Thanks! I will try it today (if I’m feeling ambitious) or tomorrow. I prefer cardio to strength training…but that definitely means I need to do MORE strength πŸ™‚

Post # 14
2237 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

I posted on last weeks too, so I’ll just transfer it over here (nothing spectacular though):

Yeah, so last week was a total fail…I’m determined to get back into my groove this week though!

And can I just say I’m so thankful I workout in my basement and not in a gym because all the gyms are going to be mob scenes the next few weeks with people starting their new years resolutions!

Post # 15
1110 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: March 2009

I have not! I will be starting tonight as well.. going to the gym for the first time in YEARS.

The topic ‘WORKOUT BUDDIES 12/27/2010’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors