(Closed) WORKOUT BUDDIES 1/4/10

posted 8 years ago in Fitness
Post # 3
443 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

same thing happened to me yesterday, I was four pounds heavier in the afternoon than I had been that morning. Oh well! Think this is a sign I really need to exercise!! I’ll go by the afternoon weight:

Starting 162

Last week 155

Yesterday 158

So +3 I guess….of course then I weighed myself on my sister’s scale and it said 163. I’m thinking that the 9.99 special I bought at Target is not the most reliable scale – anyone have recommendations for something better??

Post # 5
11327 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: February 2011

Hi girls! This is the first time I’ve traipsed over to the Fitness section because I’ve been a bit ostrich about my weight for the past few months (i.e. head in sand.. if scales dont exist then neither do pounds, yes? apparently no). Here’s my (quick) story: last new year’s day I weighed 221 (oy)– a serious shock to someone who hadn’t weighed themselves in several years when they were in the 190s. I vowed to do better and for 8 months I did… I didn’t do anything drastic but I started running and cut back on eating out and I managed to lose 20 pounds in a way that I thought was totally sustainable… getting down to 201 at the start of september. Then I got lazy and stopped running when my running buddy went back to school and I got busy being engaged and house shopping and started eating out more than ever. As of this morning, I am 220. SIGH. I can’t believe I lost then gained 20 pounds. So, I’m back at it. I joined my FI’s gym yesterday and set a goal for myself: run 400 miles this year. I am also going to try to eat dinner in at least 5 nights/week. 

So here I am. 

Start weight: 1/4/10- 220

Post # 6
Hostess
18646 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2009

Good to have you Corgi!  Eating out can definetly kill you.  Portions at restaurants are out of control and everything is soeaked in butter!

Post # 8
11327 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: February 2011

thanks girls! I have struggled with my weight forever and have bounced around since high school anywhere from a size 4 to a size 18. For me, it seems like either everything is working or nothing is. If I’m eating right I’m inspired to exercise and if I exercise I’m inclined to eat better. Especially now that I have a GOAL (looking hott in a wedding dress), hopefully I’ll really take a lot off this time! 

Post # 9
443 posts
Helper bee

@CorgiTales: 400 miles? You are a rockstar ๐Ÿ™‚ that’s amazing.

I might take a hint from you and set a running goal for myself. I keep telling people “I used to be a runner”…maybe it’s time to be one again!

Post # 11
Hostess
18646 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2009

I know what you mean, if you don’t feel well enough to work out, then you don’t want to eat well because you feel like blah!

Post # 12
655 posts
Busy bee

Hi Ladies!

Is it too late to join you all?

I’ve been doing weight watchers on and off for the last 2 1/2 years. I’ve managed to lose 25-30 lbs give or take and pretty much have maintained that but now looking to drop the last 20 lbs for good!

After the MADNESS of the Holiday Season it’s time to get my butt in gear! I started back on track this morning, tracking what I have been eating but failed to weigh myself so I’ll do it tomorrow morning.

Weight loss is such a team sport and I am ready to play ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 13
750 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

Ugh, I need someone to hold me accountable. I was really good in late 2008 to summer 2009, losing about 17 pounds with a personal trainer’s help. (Started at 137) Then I stopped training because it’s freakin’ expensive and tried to do it on my own. Grad classes started again in the fall and I quit my third job (no more furloughs, yay!) which was labor intensive. Suddenly, I’ve gained five pounds in the last two months. At my thinnest I saw 120.0, but this morning I was 127.6.

I hit the gym on the way to work and luckily it was really empty despite the new year’s resolutioners that usually invade. Maybe they don’t get up early.

I’m promising myself to try personal training at my university where it’s much cheaper. I have five months from tomorrow to look awesome.

Post # 14
77 posts
Worker bee

Theres two threads going, I’m confused…hehe!  I thought I would post here too.  I gained .6 lbs over Christmas break…which I guess could be worse considering I was away from home for 11 days.

Starting weight:  137

Weight before Christmas:  132.8

Current weight:  133.4

And I always weight myself first thing in the morning, right after I pee, butt naked!  Haha I hope that wasn’t TMI but its the only way I feel I am getting my “true” weight.

Post # 15
424 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2009

Hi ladies! I finally stepped on a scale this morning and gained the weight I lost before the holidays. S.A.D. It’s my own fault!

I’m ready to do this. Consider today my STARTOVER day! DH already called me and said that he worked out this morning for 25 minutes (I don’t remember the last time he worked out so that’s awesome).

Current Weight – 225 (grrrr…)

Post # 16
809 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

I’m still travelling (seriously – I’m ready to be out of an airport and in my own house again!) But I’ll weigh myself tomorrow morning on my scale ๐Ÿ™‚ Hopefully it’s nothing too scary!

The topic ‘WORKOUT BUDDIES 1/4/10’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors