(Closed) WORKOUT BUDDIES 2/7/2011

posted 7 years ago in Fitness
Post # 3
1105 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2009

I started doing the Zumba for the Wii last week and did it for a couple of days and then it snowed and I didn’t go to work 2 of those days and was a bit lazy, but I did shovel snow to make up for it.  Our weekend was really busy so I didn’t do anything, but I got up this morning and Zumba’d for 20 minutes and feel so much better for doing it!! Gonna try to do it at least 3 times this week!

Post # 4
825 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2010

I swam 2700 yards yesterday and ran 3 miles on Sat. which was great because it was the first time I did 3 miles straight. I was doing 2 or 2.5. My sister and I are training for a 10k. So I switch days with running then swimming. So it’s been a full 3 weeks of working out 5 days or so. I see a change in my body by muscle but not really by weight. I still have to work on the eating part.

Post # 6
870 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

I did awesome last week! I ended up doing 33 miles running. No weights though which is bad bad bad. I need to do at least one session this week–that’s my goal!

Also learned a new stretch for my tight hip flexors so I need to make sure I do that after every run too. 🙂

Post # 8
87 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

I’m headed to Hot Yoga after work today… I missed this weekend, because FI conviced me to stay home and catch up on TV with him instead (Didn’t take too much convincing…)

I’m hoping to make it to three 1-hour classes this week, and one 90-minute class this weekend.  FI and I are going to a special candlelit class for Valentine’s Day on Sunday, too!

Post # 9
2237 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

I did all 5 segments of my “10 Minute Solutions – Get Fit Mix” (with Amy Bento, who I really like) yesterday and felt great.  I’ve kind of sucked at working out the past few weeks; I haven’t even been able to get past week 1 of the Hundred Push Up Program since I haven’t been able to get myself to do all 3 days of it in one week yet!  Ever since I hit my goal weight it has just been so hard to stay motivated, but I officially re-dedicated myself to my fitness routine yesterday!

For the next 6 weeks (which is how long the push up program is) I’m going to try, try, try to workout at least 4 times a week.  I took new “before” pictures yesterday since now I’m focusing on toning, not losing weight, and I hope that motivates me to follow through on my plans.  Hopefully in Mid-March I will have some awesome “after” pictures to share and I’ll be able to do 100 real push ups (and thus be ripped, lol)!  Wish me luck!

Post # 10
256 posts
Helper bee

i did okish last week, worked out in the gym for an hour every week day and swam 3times …i pigged out majorly this weekend and now i feel like a baby whale:( so back to the drawing board again tonight, boo!!

just a question

is 10mins elliptical, 10mins on the stationary bike and 10mins walk/jog on the threadmill enough every night? i do a few weights + stretching most nights too

im burnt out after that much but i feel like im still not doing enough to make any real difference:(

Post # 11
1105 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2009

@MrsSaltWaterTaffy: I’m actually liking Zumba.  I love to dance and the time just flies by!  I still haven’t mastered all the steps, but I am getting better.  Definately is a workout!!

Post # 12
381 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

@Taylor4: and @MrsSaltWaterTaffy: I’m in the same boat, my hip flexors are terribly tight- Taylor, do you have an explanation of the stretch? I really need to work on getting more flexible because I’m doing squats incorrectly partially because my hips are so tight, my coach seems kind of concerned.

The rest of last week was good. I didn’t do anything on Wednesday (thought about doing the Nike App- but ended up watching tv) 

The Thursday trackout went really well and it was cold and windy! Friday was another running and pull-up workout at crossfit, did the pull-ups with only two bands (instead of 3 like the previous workout) and it went really well overall. Took a break on Saturday, and Sunday ran 8 miles with total time of 1:10. We didn’t do anything football related which was good because we didn’t snack too much, my husband is doing so well with losing weight!

Today was another crossfit day and I didn’t finish last on a non-running day, which was pretty impressive for me. I’ve got a lot to improve on, but I’m so happy that I’m noticeably getting stronger.

Post # 13
264 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

I feel so bad! I completely forgot about this thread–I’m so busy! 

However, since I didn’t do anything (other than eating healthy-ish) this weekend because I was out of town at my brother’s going away party, I got up this morning and went straight to the gym! I was able to do all my weights/strength workouts but got dizzy towards the end and was only able to run 3 laps. Maybe just having a granola bar before hitting the gym wasn’t a good idea?

On Saturday, while I was at my parent’s house, I tried on my wedding dress again for the first time since Thanksgiving. It’s too big!! I’ve lost 2 inches on my chest and 4.5 inches overall…and 10 pounds! It felt so good 🙂

Post # 14
870 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

@seattlemeg: Yup! This is the stretch that I’ve been doing for the last few days and I’ve definitely noticed an improvement in the soreness on my right hip (for some reason I always get tight on my right side).

I also found this stretch which I’m going to try out once I get a foam roller! (Thinking of making that investment soon…)

Post # 16
630 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

@teamboddye: candle lit yoga sounds a-ma-zing. 

@stormy9973: zumba isnt part of the wii fit is it?? whats the disc called??

@Taylor4: 33!!! u are a b-e-a-s-t!!!!!!!!!!!!

I ran 5 miles today and it was excruciating after the 9 i did on friday. so hard. i was dying. i think im going to take a month off of drinking on the weekends soon bc that is really where im screwing up. all the calories come back on the weekends grrr

The topic ‘WORKOUT BUDDIES 2/7/2011’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors