(Closed) WORKOUT BUDDIES 2/8/10

posted 8 years ago in Fitness
Post # 3
424 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2009

I had such an awesome week with workouts and weight loss. I had lost 5 pounds last week! I worked out almost every day. SAY WHAT? Stepped on the scale this morning, gained 2 back. Sad. Oh well. The food was good last night, but my stomach got very upset.

Post # 4
18645 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2009

Starting weight: 128

Last week: 127

Today: 127

Lost/Gain: 0

Nada again this week.  I wasn’t really expecting much because I got some Belgian chocolates at Costco (bad idea) but they were so good!  I did go to the gym 2x for the elliptical, went to pilates on Tueday, and did a workout at home yesterday.

I hope your son feels better Rosie Girl!

Post # 5
443 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

I gained about 3 lbs from last week! Though on Saturday I did this 30-hr famine thing with the youth group kids from my church, so the only thing in my stomach for 30 hrs was vitamin water 10, then I 1. ate pancakes 2. went to my friend’s 2 yr old’s bday party and ATE 3. had superbowl party food, which was actually healthy b/c my grandma made it…I am hoping that all that food was deadweight in my stomach this AM, but I am not too sure! Hope you all had a good weekend!

Post # 6
10218 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 2010

last week i think i lost a lb or two, but this weekend sucked diet wise for me, i have to really get on the ball this week…

Post # 7
84 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

Starting weight: 176.5, Last week: 172.5, This week: 171.5, Total lost: 5 lbs

Slowly but surely it’s coming off.  Hope to make it to the gym every day this week except Sunday.  Suddely it has hit me that it really is crunch time! I’m really bloated this week so I’m going to avoid stepping on the scale…don’t want to become disappointed.   

Hope your son is OK Rosie. 

Post # 8
5498 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: September 2010

Starting weight: 210

Weight today: 204

Total loss: 6 pounds! Yay!

I think controlling my portions and working out is really starting to help! The BMI think someone posted last night said I am way over weight for my height, but I don’t think they are counting muscle. I am going to throw in an extra couple of runs on the days I don’t work out. = )

Hope your son feels better, Rosie!

Great job, girls! Just stick with it.

Post # 9
482 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

okay ladies… I am starting today when I get home from work… I will do my weigh ins at night because getting on my wii fit that early in the AM just seems like torture to me!!  But i started off my day with a yummy healthy meal plan!

Good luck this week bees 🙂

Post # 10
2214 posts
Buzzing bee

Starting weight: 157.2

Last week: 155.8

Today: 155

Loss: -.8

On Friday, i was actually down 1.5 lbs, but after a weekend of bday parties (cake mmmmm) and the superbowl (beer mmmmmm), I gained a bunch back.  But I’m already noticing a difference in how my pants fit from doing the C25K and the Shred.  It’s frustrating not to see the scale change that much, but I know my routine is working.

On a side note, my bf started my diet last week and lost 11 lbs.  I want to kill him.  It’s so easy for him to lose weight!!

Post # 11
485 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2010

Good morning girls!

Starting weight:  167

Last week: 156

Today: 156.5

I was really sick all weekend and topped it off by eating sodium rich foods yesterday so I am pretty sure I am retaining water based on my weight this morning. I worked out 5 days last week and ate cleanly. I’m just going to stick with it this week.

I am starting the ‘new rules of lifting for women’ strength training program today! I’m looking forward to getting buff!

Post # 12
1260 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

Ugh, Superbowl plus Dim Sum with friends made Sunday a complete crapshoot. Today it is back at er though, with Chest, Shoulders and Triceps plus Ab Ripper tonight. I am drinking mint tea instead of my usual Earl Grey to tame my tummy from yesterday, oy!

Post # 13
3762 posts
Honey bee

Man, I totally did not stick to 2,000 calories per day this weekend, it is SO hard when traveling and around family.  Everyone wants to go to dinner, go grab coffee, have brunch, etc.  I am starting Special K again today!

Post # 14
3762 posts
Honey bee

Valhalla – Sorry, I just read your question last week about the Speciak K diet.  Basically it is the commercial you see (2 weeks of the special K diet and you loose 6 lbs or a dress size).  What you have to do is eat a special k food item for 2 meals, and then 2 special k snack items.  You are supposed to add fruit etc as you want.  Your third meal you just try to eat sensibly. 

I like the 90 calorie cereal bars or the waffles for breakfast.  I usually eat around 9 am or so after settling in at work.  They keep me full till about 11.

Around 11 I drink a Special K protein water drink to hold me over till lunch, or I snack on a handful of almonds.

For lunch about 12:30 I drink the protein shake or have a protein meal bar.  Both are good and are really filling.

If I get hungry in the afternoon, I drink more water and sometimes have a few more almonds. 

It feels great that by 5 pm when I go home, I know I have had a really healthy day.  I eat a sensible dinner and then do the Shred.  I had a hard time dieting at home because my Fiance has an awesome metabolism and can eat whatever he wants.  This way, I usually have only ate about 500-700 calories.  This lets me eat a little more flexibly for dinner. 

Post # 15
485 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2010

oh and @bluebutterfly: Great job with the run last week!! Way to kick your FI’s butt!!! You’re soo ready for the 5k race!

I am supposed to run for 25 minutes straight this week, eGad!

Post # 16
37 posts

Hi girls!! I’ll do my weigh-ins on Tuesdays most weeks, since I’m often traveling 2 hours on Monday mornings from the FI’s. (I’m in Albany, NY and he is in Worcester, MA).

But, I’m not hoping for much tomorrow. Like most, this was a rough weekend–lunch out with friends, dinner out with Fiance, Future Mother-In-Law, and Future Sister-In-Law, wedding tasting, dinner out with Fiance, superbowl, and FI’s love for desserts. I watched portions and made mostly healthy choices, but had some bites of dessert. We made healthy-ish nachos for the superbowl, which was dinner. We’ll see!

@emshaw: Yay for someone else doing NROLFW!! 🙂 I like it–got through stage four last summer, then fell off the gym wagon in the fall so I’ve restarted it. I do think we need to keep up with the cardio/eating well though, otherwise it is easy to stay the same size but be in better shape on the routine.

The topic ‘WORKOUT BUDDIES 2/8/10’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors