(Closed) WORKOUT BUDDIES 3/10/10

posted 8 years ago in Fitness
Post # 3
809 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

I feel ya MissAsB! I’m having a hard time getting motivation to exercise. Once I start, I’m fine..it’s just getting to the starting point! This week I only worked out once and my goal was 4 times. Oy. 

I had a rough time with food at the beginning of the week. We had 4 birthdays in my family/close friend circle this week so I made a lot of birthday cake and snacked too much at the beginning of the week. I straightened myself out by mid week and I managed to lose more weight than last week – go figure!

Start: 156.6

Last week: 148.6

This week: 147.4

Loss this week 1.2 lbs, total 9.2lbs

Post # 4
1260 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

Hi everyone! I have completed P90X and have now moved on to training for a 10K run! I still plan to do the P90X weight lifting dvds on the days I am not running, so I am keeping my overall training program at 6 days per week. Today I went for a run for 45 min. As part of the training, I did a 5 min warm up, then ran 3 min on, 1 min walk, 9 times. Ended with a 5 min cooldown.

I have been MIA for a little while because my life felt a little bit like “A Series of Unfortunate Events!” (Lemony Snicket anyone?). I threw out my back, which put me  out of the workout game for a few days, then I got very sick with a killer virus. But now I am back in the game for SURE!

Post # 5
5498 posts
Bee Keeper

Again…still off the band wagon. I know I’d lost 15 pounds total…but I don’t know if I’m still down at this point. haha.

Post # 7
2214 posts
Buzzing bee

Start weight: 157.2

Last week: 153

Today: 151.8

Loss: -1.2

I was okay with my workout routine this week.  I ran 3 times, but I didn’t do the shred at all.  I know, shame on me.  I stuck to my diet until the weekend and kind of cheated a little.  I’m back on the wagon though!  I ran this morning and had a really healthy day.  Hoping to run 2 more times this week and do the shred 2 times.  Goal for next Monday = 150.

Post # 8
2408 posts
Buzzing bee

thanks for posting about this on the other thread, missasb! i think i’ll check in here too!

starting weight: 148.7

last week: 144.3

this week: 145.6

loss: +1.3

kind of a bummer but i had been snacking hardcore all last week. i think cuz it was that time of month. i always get on a weird sugar craving wave that week. lol.

@valhalla, i’ve been doing p90x and while i love it, i decided i wanted to be outside so i slowed down on the cardio based ones. maybe i’ll pick it up again during the winter months.

Post # 9
1260 posts
Bumble bee

@tea – if you want to do a different cardio activity, than I am sure that is okay! My friend was doing training for a marathon while doing P90X, and she omitted the cardio days entirely in liu of running. I found the weight lifting days more of a big deal with P90X anyways – I didn’t really like the Kenpo workout at all.

Post # 10
36 posts

I started 30 day Shred today! My legs are trembling!!! I’ve been doing Zumba for about 3 weeks and while my clothes fit completely different the scale is NOT budging 🙁

starting weight 155lbs.

Hoping to lose 30 lbs.

Post # 11
37 posts
  • Wedding: May 2010

Starting weight: 151.6

Last week: 148

This week: 148.4

Change: +.4

So, another no change week. Though based on how I look and feel–I’m definitely seeing progress!! I did measurements again this week and there are some small changes, but not a ton (weekly is probably a bit much for this anyway). I still went out to eat a bit too much, but DID eat without stuffing myself silly, which is a small achievement!

This week: workout at least 5 hours!

Post # 12
443 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

I am up a pound and out a right knee. Gotta love runner’s knee. Hopefully I can manage it with ice – I was just starting to get into my workout groove too! Argh.

Post # 13
122 posts
Blushing bee

Doing all right. Except now its close to that time of the month and I feel ravenous! Been going to the gym about 5 times a week 🙂

Starting: 208

Last Week: 188.2

Current: 185.2

Change: – 3lbs

Post # 14
53 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

Hi guys, I’m going to join in on this cause I need to get motivated again.  I lost about 35 lbs last year eating healthy and working out like crazy.  I was consistent in this for about 15 months and then a few months ago I slowly started going less to the gym and eating crappy again.  Well I had an awakening last Friday when I stepped on the scale and had gained back almost 10 lbs.  I’m mad at myself because it’s a waste of a lot of hard work, but it has definitely been an eye opener.  I have been eating healthy again for 4 whole days and I’m back at the gym.  I like to make mini goals and then reevaluate again once I reach that goal so I’m going for 30 lbs this round.

Starting: 207

Will update with you guys next week!

Post # 15
950 posts
Busy bee

Hi Ladies,

Bit of a late post, but here’s my stats for this week:

Starting: 142

Last Week: 135

This Week: 136

Loss/Total Loss: +1/-6

I’m actually not unhappy about this…I weighed myself last week Wed & was at 136.5, so now I’m back down -0.5, yay!  My weight has plateaued…my eating & working out habits haven’t changed (cut carbs to one serving a day, working out 4 times a week) & it seems too early for it to be muscle gain just yet.  As “that time of the month” is approaching (should come tomorrow), I’m chalking up the weight gain to bloating, etc.  On the up-side of things, I’m DEFINITELY seeing a change in my definition & I’ve lost another 2 inches (0.5 in the waist, 0.75 on each thigh)! Yay for alternate bars of measurement!

Yesterday, I went in for my complimentary 30 minute Pilates intro – totally upgraded to the hour session just to understand the concepts.  I learned so much about how to engage one’s core during exercises.  But I didn’t “sweat” that much, so I added a Kettlebell workout, too.  Good way to start the week!

Congrats to all who lost (esp. lopeze: 3 pounds! AWESOME!). 

As for keeping motivated, what works for me is making a plan for workouts & telling it to a friend or Fiance who checks with me to see how those workouts went.  Since I have to “answer” to them about it, I feel motivated to make sure I “show up”. Another bee & I started PMing each other with daily check-ins, too…helps to be held accountable. 

Post # 16
84 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

Sorry for the late post; as of last Friday, I finally hit the 10 pound mark!!  It felt fantastic!!  I was out of town this past weekend and didn’t have gym access and although I tried to eat healthy foods, the selection was pretty poor.  I’m hoping that I can still manage to lose weight this week after taking 3 days off and eating way too many carbs this weekend.  I hit the gym both Monday and Tuesday and it felt great!   

Starting Weight: 176.5

Last Week: 168

This Week: 166.5

Loss this Week: -1.5

Total loss: 10 lbs!! 

The topic ‘WORKOUT BUDDIES 3/10/10’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors