(Closed) Workout Buddies 3/27/2011

posted 7 years ago in Fitness
Post # 3
2214 posts
Buzzing bee

Eh, I only ran twice last week. 3 miles each time.  I really need to step it up. I want to be down to 140 by May 23rd when we go on a cruise! I’m weighing in at 149 now.

Post # 5
435 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

Haven’t posted in a while but kinda proud of myself for getting into the exercise habit… I never thought I would be the woman who exercises because she’s bored – but I am! I was home alone on Saturday night and a bit bored so I got on the treadmill and pounded out my boredom for half an hour! I’ve also picked up the Zumba and SO is doing it with me! He’s had back problems so the Zumba approach to flat abs is helping him out way more than his traditional exercisesLaughing

Post # 7
870 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

Still doing well with the workouts–I did 28 miles last week. I had some rough weekends food and exercise wise so I’m just getting back to actual weight loss but what can you do. 🙂

Just two more weeks in this running comepetition. I think I’ll switch to a 10k training schedule and mix in more yoga, weight lifting, and finally rest!

Post # 9
160 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

I am in need of some serious motivation so I hoping this will help.  I used to be very active, going to the gym 4-5 times a week.  Recently, I’ve become busier with work, grad school, and life in general.  Becoming busier has only not only taken away my gym time, but left me eating less healthy foods and later in the evening.

But I’m turning over a new leaf starting today.  I went to the gym and ran/walked 4 miles.  And I’m going to eat something semi-healthy for dinner. 

Post # 11
381 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

@Summer82: I always find that getting a workout done in the morning (even if that means waking up at 5:05) gets me the best results. It also means that we go to bed earlier (10ish) but at least it keeps me sticking to my goals and not wasting time watching stupid things on hulu. I know some people are just NOT morning people though. 

Last week I ran a total of 27 miles, most I’ve done in a really long time. I got 2nd place for women in the 10k I raced on Saturday, 13th overall. Crossfit this morning was awesome, and I’ve got the regular schedule of runs and crossfit all week (though I may throw in an extra crossfit workout on Wednesday or Saturday). Hoping to get lots of rest and get my taxes done this week too! (such a procrastinator on that!)

Post # 13
1940 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: March 2011

I am def going to try to join the workout group!  The wedding is over so I can finally try to drop a few pounds without the worry of my dress not fitting.  I am currently sitting at 140.  I was 125ish at the end of 2009 🙁  and I would really be happy if I could get down to something around their. 

We are planning on trying to start TTC in about 4 -6 months and I need to drop some of this extra weight before I add the baby fat. 

What have you guys found is the best? I go to the gym about 4-5 times a week and do 10 mins of cardio, 40 mins of weight training and then 10 mins of sit ups.  It doesn’t seem to get me any place though so I think I am going to up the cardio. 

Post # 14
5978 posts
Bee Keeper

@seattlemeg: Congratulations on getting 2nd place in your 10k!! That’s awesome! I’m just looking to finish under 65 minutes for my 10k tomorrow :o)

I’ve been really busy this week and haven’t gotten as much running in as I’d like. I did 6.5 miles on Monday and my fastest 5k ever on Tuesday, but that’s been it. I want to do a short and easy run today so that I don’t wear myself out for tomorrow…so we’ll see how that goes!

Glad to see that everyone is trying to get motivated! Spring does that to people! The only problem here is that it’s SNOWING (yes, it’s April 1st and snowing), so who knows when Spring will finally show up!

Post # 15
381 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

@Nola: I think the pressure of losing pounds for the wedding can effect people differently. I know that my husband wanted to lost before the wedding but has been doing SO much better now that we’ve been married. He’s lost almost 15 pounds!

I don’t know a ton about weight loss besides what I see from my hubs, but the biggest things that have helped him are nutrition, cardio and high intensity workouts. 

@2PeasinaPod: Thanks! Good luck tomorrow!! The 10k is a great benchmark for your 10 miler in May. How are the new shoes treating you? Are your knees okay?

I actually didn’t stick to my regular schedule this week 🙁 I skipped my Tuesday run because I just could not bring myself to run in the rain one more day, I made up for it by going to crossfit on Wednesday, did a hard track workout (4×1000) yesterday and did an awesome crossfit workout this morning. Tomorrow is a rest day then I’ve got a 2 hour run on Sunday scheduled. My hands need recovery from the blisters they endured this week!

Post # 16
2237 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

This past week was pretty much a bust, but I had surgery on my ears, so I have a legitimate excuse!

But yesterday and today I did Turbofire workouts (“Fire 55 EZ” yesterday and “Fire 30 + Stretch 10” today).  I really like the program.  Now that I’ve got the surgery behind me (and I’m starting to feel my clothes get a little more snug then they were before {that actually might just be in my head, lol}) I’m going to try and actual do the Turbofire. Or as close to it as my schedule allows…technically you’re supposed to workout 6 days a week on the program, and that really just isn’t realistic for my schedule!

The topic ‘Workout Buddies 3/27/2011’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors