(Closed) WORKOUT BUDDIES 3/8/10

posted 8 years ago in Fitness
Post # 3
3788 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

I can sympathize. I gained 1lb this past week, but I have had a head cold so I haven’t been working out.

Post # 4
809 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

Starting weight: 156.6

Last week: 147.4

This week: 147.2

Loss of 0.2 lbs.

Kind of disappointed this week. I went out to eat once and had two (!) desserts out over the weekend which probably accounts for my little loss. I was really good at the restaurant though and brought half of my meal home. I exercised 3 times this week, which is better than last week. Hopefully I can keep up the motivation. I really want to hit 10 pounds down! (0.6 pounds to go!)

Post # 5
2362 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2010 - New York Botanical Garden

I don’t have a scale so I can’t keep track, and I have been gone from this thread for a while because I was feeling bad about my progress, but I am on Week 3 of the 12 Week Buff Brides plan and I love it!  I feel like I have finally found something I can stick to!  I have been working out 5 days a week for the past 2 weeks, and although I could be eating better, now that I’m on a new workout schedule, I am going to focus on food. 

Any tips for cutting out the snacks or dealing with hunger?

Keep up the great work ladies!

Post # 7
2362 posts
Buzzing bee

@MissAsB – I try to do that too, but sometimes I just want a pretzel or something chocolate!  I’m working on it though, thanks for the advice…also, congrats on your Bee Keeper status!

Post # 8
84 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

Starting weight: 176.5

Last week: 166.5

Today: 165.5

-1 lb this week, total loss of 11 pounds.  Not sure how I managed to lose this week!  We had our food tasting this weekend and spent 12+ hours on the road and didn’t hit the gym once over the weekend.  I’ll be hitting it pretty hard the next few weeks though as the wedding is fast approaching!  

@toothfairyb: glad to hear you were able to take a portion of your meal home, sometimes that’s way easier said than done!  Good luck on reaching the -10 lb mark, it’s in sight! 

Post # 10
424 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2009

I haven’t been as good at posting weight gains/losses because frankly, there have been a lot of gains. I’m an emotional eater and with my husband losing his job a month after our wedding, it was hard. He’s working now. It’s 100% commission, but he’s motivated and selling. Life is better.

I’m also a people pleaser and it was really hard for me to post gains. I think that is part of my problem. I need to tell people where I’m at and what is going on. That’s part of this whole accountability thing

I thought I’d start at the very beginning. I’ve gained and lost the same 10 pounds since the wedding. But I’m on track. In fact, today is our engage-versary! WOO HOO!!!!!  When I look at it this way, I feel pretty good about myself. I still can’t believe we are already married for 4 months!

Engagement Weight (day after engagement – 1 year from tomorrow March 2009): 262.0
Engagement Photo Weight (August 2009): 217
Wedding Day Weight (November 7, 2009): 220.4
Today: 222.0

I was up to 230 again around Valentine’s Day so 8 pounds gone is a great thing! Thanks for keeping me accountable.

Post # 11
2362 posts
Buzzing bee

great job @completelyrandomsally!  I totally know what you mean and I have been absent for a while as well – welcome back and let’s get back on track together! (although it sounds like you’ve been doing a great job on your own!)

Post # 13
809 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

@Wagswifetobe – Thanks 🙂 I was so proud of myself. The waitress looked at me like I had 2 heads when I asked to have half of my veggie burger wrapped up. Lol. Congrats on 11 pounds down! That’s fantastic!

@completelyrandomsally – Agreed, it’s hard to post gains. But I think that’s been helping motivate me even more. Plus, we’re a non-judgy crowd! Just support here girl!

@Eriqua – I plan my snacks for the day. I get a pre-lunch snack and a pre-dinner snack. If I’ve eaten it, I don’t get any more snacks! I find drinking lots of water if I think I’m hungry definitely helps. Generally, I eat when I’m bored so the water helps give me something to do. 🙂

Post # 14
2214 posts
Buzzing bee

Start weight: 157.2

Last week: 151.8

Today: 150.2

Loss: -1.6, total -7

I really wanted to get down to 150 by today, but I was pretty close, so I guess I’m happy, especially considering how poorly I ate last week.  I was able to keep up my exercise routine pretty well.

I just went out and bought JM’s No More Trouble Zones and Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism.  I was doing the shred, but I was getting pretty bored with it.  I did No More Trouble Zones yesterday, and I’m pretty achy today.  I’m going to try Banish Fat tomorrow.

My goal was to be down 10 lbs before spring break (which started today), so now I’m going to try to be down 3 lbs by next Monday.  Probably won’t happen because I’ve been consistently losing 1-2 lbs a week, but I need big goals to stick to my diet, especially over spring break.

Post # 15
53 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

Start weight: 207

Last week: 207

Today: 206

Loss: -1, total -1

Woo, 1lb…meh.  I need to pick it up at the gym.  I’ve been doing good on food and keeping it under 1300 calories a day, still having a hard time being motivated to go to the gym enough.

Post # 16
721 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

Starting weight: 170

Hello everyone!  Just joining today.  I’ve been doing Buff Brides for a few weeks now, and I started couch-to-5K last week.  Now that I’m in a routine with exercise, it’s time to get my eating on board because I’ve been maintaining and I want to be losing!  My goal is to lose 25 lbs in the next 7 months for my wedding.  I’ve done Weight Watchers in the past, so I’m just kind of doing it “on my own” now.

The topic ‘WORKOUT BUDDIES 3/8/10’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors