(Closed) Workout Buddies 4/3/2011

posted 7 years ago in Fitness
Post # 3
825 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2010

I worked out Tues, Wed,.Thursday but not since then:( I feel like a heffer tonight so I am going to have to go hard this week and eat well. I might start tracking my food again because I can’ tseem to lose weight, I work out 4 to 5 days a week and swim and run (training for a 10k) and so I look better but the weight just doesn’t come off:(

Post # 4
1940 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: March 2011

This past week I did nothing really for work outs because I was recovering from the wedding.   Today will be my first day at the gym in about 2 weeks Sealed

A friend just asked me to do a 5k with him in 11 days.  UGH I haven’t been running at all over the winter.  However, I have always been a runner and normally can build up to a 5k in about 5 days.  So needless to say my game plan for the next 2 weeks will be to run and run and run. 

My goal is to drop 15-20 pounds from my current weight.  Fingers crossed!!!

Post # 5
5978 posts
Bee Keeper

I’ve been told to take a break until Thursday ;o(

I had my 10K this weekend, and I really hurt my knee. I was on pace to finish in under 60 minutes, but I got to the top of a huge hill at the end of 3.5 miles and my IT band was not having it. I had to basically limp/run the rest of the race, so I finished in 67:18. I was just so frustrated b/c I felt SO good for the first time in any race, and my darn knee just didn’t hold up. So, I had talked to a coach at a running store shortly after the race, and he told me light workouts (no running) until Thursday. Then I had to ease back into it if I have any chance of running my 10-miler in May. Grr…

@Nola: Good luck with your 5k coming up!

@MacFaniam24: Keep at it – my husband feels the same way, but you’re building muscle as you’re burning fat, so you might not lose weight right away. He’s been at it for almost 4 months now and is finally starting to see some of the weight come off. So keep at it!!

@MrsSaltWaterTaffy: Hope school slows down for you soon! You only have about a month and a half left, right?

Post # 7
2237 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

I already posted this on “last week’s” thread, but I’ll bring it over here too…

Last week was kind of a bust for me, but I had surgery on my ears, so I actually have a legitimate excuse!

Saturday and Sunday I did TurboFire workouts!  I really like them…all the roundhouse kicks are killing my butt though, haha.  Now that I have the ear surgery behind me (and I feel like my clothes are getting snug {although it is quite possible this is completely in my head}) I’m going to try and actually do the Turbofire “program.”  The only thing is, it expects you to workout 6 days a week, and I don’t think that’s actually do-able with my schedule.  I think I might just add an extra rest day into the schedule so 1 week actually takes me 8 days.

Tonight is Core 20 and then an extended stretch…my rear end will appreciate the break/extra stretching!

Post # 8
2237 posts
Buzzing bee

@2PeasinaPod: Make sure you take it easy!  You definitely don’t want to mess up your knee any worse!  And your time was pretty awesome considering you ended in a run/limp!

Post # 10
870 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

I had a pretty good week–I did 31 miles, including an 8 miler on Saturday and a 10 miler on Sunday. I’m trying not to get terribly distracted by the fact that I’ve been running like a lunatic (and tracking calories) for 3 months now and I’ve only really lost 6 pounds. 2 pounds a month? That seems horribly unfair.

Ah well.

I also planned out my post-competition routine and I’m pretty excited about it. Now that I can run a 10k distance pretty comfortably I’ve decided to switch to Hal Higdon’s Novice 10k routine for a couple of weeks just to give myself a break. After that I’ll jump to his Intermediate 10k plan so that I can keep my distance gains from the last few months and instead work on speed.

At the same time I plan to reintroduce weight lifting into my routine, and on the advice of a fellow running friend I’m going to give yoga another try as well. I think that’s a nice spring/summer routine, and I’m glad to have something already planned for after this running thing is over. 

Post # 11
5978 posts
Bee Keeper

@MandaMack: Thanks! I’m definitely taking it easy…I want to be able to finish the 10-miler and say that I actually did it! It just won’t be as fast as I’d like it to be. Glad to hear the ear surgery went well!

@Taylor4: Don’t worry…the weight will start to come off more. You’re running like a fiend and that builds muscle :o)

Post # 12
2237 posts
Buzzing bee

I did the core 20 stretch 40 Turbofire workout yesterday.  Stretch 40 was basically a yoga class, but I really enjoyed it…my hip flexors appreciated the stretch!  Tonight I’m taking a day off, and then tomorrow is a hardcore workout (I forget which one though).

Post # 13
1940 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: March 2011

I have had two great workouts in the last two days.  I forgot how great it can make me feel to start my day with a HARD gym work out.  I just started running on the tread mill so I can hopefully be able to do the 5k in 11 days.  I know I can do it though.  It is just about how fast I can get it done in. 

Post # 14
2237 posts
Buzzing bee

@Nola: “I forgot how great it can make me feel to start my day with a HARD gym work out.”

…I don’t ever workout in the morning, but when I go a while without exercising and then I have a great workout I always feel that way!  Really having a great workout makes me feel like a million bucks!

Post # 15
230 posts
Helper bee

I haven’t posted in a while so I figured I should get back to it! I have been keeping up with workouts though, minus the week I was away for work. Boy did I feel like a cow when I came home!  🙁

I did P90 cardio yesterday and tonite I plan to do NMTZ. I wish the weather here would make up it’s mind and be warm so I can go run outside more. I need to start eating better though, especially on the weekends. With the wedding only 5 months away, it’s time to kick it up a notch!  🙂

Post # 16
2237 posts
Buzzing bee

@MsPensFan: I hear ya on the kicking it up a notch!  I need to get to a point I’m happy with so I can get my dress altered!  Right now my body fat % is a little higher then I would like it to be…

Today I did more Turbofire (Fire 45 and Stretch 10).  They are not kidding when they say these workouts make you sweat!  But I feel so good afterwards!  I think one of my favorite feelings in the world is the shower after a hardcore cardio workout, lol.  Your endorphins are still pumping a little bit, but you feel so gross until you hop in the shower!

The topic ‘Workout Buddies 4/3/2011’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors