(Closed) WORKOUT BUDDIES 7/26/2010

posted 8 years ago in Fitness
Post # 3
424 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2009

Hi ya’ll!

Sorry to be a stranger! I’ve been on vacation, gaining weight, but hopefully not that much since I tried to stay consistent with exercise. I don’t plan on stepping on a scale until next Sunday. I plan on measuring then as well.

My husband is starting an exercise boot camp next Monday. We decided that we really can’t afford it for both of us and he needs the structure more than I do. I also have to be at work by 8 am and he works out of our home.

Plus, I have ya’ll to encourage me and I want to do as well as him with C25K and Jillian Michaels dvds…I love Banish Fat Boost Metabolism and No More Trouble Zones. I hope to do one of those dvds (or a run) every day this week. When he starts boot camp next week, I plan on waking up at the same time and working out at home.

I was really able to tell that I wasn’t eating like I should. My body got really ticked off at me when I ate Taco Bell last week. No more of that! If I eat fast food, it’s subway or chipotle (which I know chipotle is not that good for you, but I make the salad without the dressing and split it between two meals).

Have a great week ya’ll! Hopefully I’m back to 50 pounds lost by next week’s weigh-in.

Post # 5
2214 posts
Buzzing bee

I’m still eating well, but hardly working out. I did so well for a while, but then old injuries flared up and now it’s hard to get back into the grove. I do hope to do something this week though.  I’m still hovering around -15lbs from when I started, but I really want to get down to -20 by September when I have to get my BM dress altered.

Post # 6
549 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

DAMNIT lol I see these update posts and then it reminds me that I’m not doing what I should be. 

I have NO motivation… it’s so strange for me.  this morning for example, I woke up at 5:45 to go for a run and do the 30 day shred… and ended up sitting on my couch for 2 hours then going to work… I could not get myself moving.  It’s been 3 weeks of this.. GRRR!!!

But, I have been staying on top of my eating.  I just weighed myself, and I haven’t gained any weight, but haven’t lost anything either.  230.2 is me.  On that note, I’m going to do some wii fit boxing, great back workout… maybe get myself moving again.  Starting another boot camp tomorrow (I lost my focus after the last boot camp ended 3 weeks ago… so I’m going again!!)

First dress fitting in 18 days… shower in 28 days, bachelorette weekend in 47 days and wedding in 68 days… MUST GET MOTIVATED!!! HELP!!!

Post # 7
1328 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

Hi ladies =)  I’m new to the buddy group, I hope that’s ok!  My wedding is in a little over 11 months, and I need to lose about 40-50 pounds!  I know I can do it, I’ve done it before, but when I get lazy and fall off the bandwagon, it’s always a little harder each time to pick myself back up. 

FI and I are planning on doing engagement photos when we lose about 20 pounds each.  (We don’t need them for anything other than reception decor) and I want to do my boudoir photos after I’m done with 40 lbs.  It’s not that I don’t think I’m pretty as I am right now, I just would rather have the B-pics at a healthy size!  =)

Anyways, I’ve got the gym M,W,TH,F and FI&I are doing C25K on F,SU,T. 

I AM having a bit of a hard time getting my eating under control.  I’m making slow progress.  Currently addicted to the strawberry poppyseed & chicken salad from Panera =)

Post # 8
424 posts
Helper bee

Hi ya’ll! I didn’t have the energy to do a morning workout today. I don’t know if I will have time to do a workout tonight since we are “doubledating” with one of my bridesmaids and her new guy. It’s Italian food so I don’t know how good I will be, but we are getting strict at our house tomorrow. We have the food and we are ready.

Post # 10
3126 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: December 2017

I’m new too 🙂 I usually eat pretty healthy for the most part but the last week has been INSANE. Once I start falling off track I pretty much eat everything in sight or everything that I am craving. I took an hour and a half walk with my friend last night and we hope to go again tomorrow night. My gym membership starts again August 1st and I cannot wait to get back to it!

Post # 11
1328 posts
Bumble bee

@MissTatas: I know exactly what you mean!! It’s soooo hard not to eat everything in sight when I’m off the bandwagon! 

I have to get up MW (&F, maybe) at 5am to get ready and goto the gym at 6, so I can work out before work.  I know 100% that I will convince myself to skip if I decide to “wait” until after work!  I’m so exhausted come 6PM.  And what’s super funny about that?  I don’t DO anything allll day!  I sit at a computer and wait for a customer interaction!!!!!

I’m hoping to get some walks in at lunch and/or after work on my half days.  I always keep my tennis shoes in the car so I can be ready to go!

Post # 12
4385 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

Remember me? *crawls out from her dark hiding spot*

It has been weeks, maybe months since I last posted on this thread. It’s because I fell off the wagon. Ooops.

The last couple of weeks have been great, I have lost 3 lbs! Unfortunately this week is insanely busy, as we prepare to go on vacation, and I haven’t had the chance to work out! The dog is still getting walks though, so at least that’s something.

Anyways, wish me luck! I promise to post on this thread every week even if I do nothing. Ha.

Post # 13
1418 posts
Bumble bee

Ok so…terrible week for me.  I went to the Taste of Edmonton festival this weekend and basically ate a LOT of dessert and deep fried goodness.  (It was delicious though!) Tack onto that my final exam tonight that I have been studying for and therefore not been at the gym because of…sigh.  At least when my class is over, I will have more time to go and get back into a routine before September when classes start up again.  It is hard working full-time and taking a class or two at the same time, all while trying to find exercise time!  I really need to be good and focus on eating better too.  Don’t let me get lazy, ladies!  

Post # 14
445 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

Hi everyone! I’m new here too! I just saw this and thought…it’s time for me to get on the bandwagon. I have a lot of time, but I seriously struggle with weight loss! I’ve got about 30-35 lbs to lose in the next year or so. Right now, I’m doing a cheap woman’s Weight Watchers (I did the program at work for free for a while and now I just use a spreadsheet that matches all the WW stuff…I even programmed a points calculator formula because I’m a geek like that Wink). Anyway, I’m on Day 3 (OWWW) of doing Beachbody’s Insanity and following the WW diet. Hopefully, I can lose about 5-10lbs for my friends wedding in Oct., lose 10-15lbs by next March and keep getting smaller before September next year!!!

Motivation…that’s what I’m going to need in truck loads!!

Post # 15
424 posts
Helper bee

@OttawaBride2011 – Missed you! Glad to see your back. We can get back on the wagon together!

@MissAsB – It was worth every pound. OMG!

Have a great day ladies!!!!!!!

Post # 16
4385 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

@completelyrandomsally: I’m glad someone noticed I was missing 🙂 I am working hard at the healthy eating, but next week is vacation time, so I am a bit worried about that. We’re driving to my hometown (14 hours) with our dog, so we’ll be walking him everyday through the vacation, I hope that helps… I am scared of gaining!!

The topic ‘WORKOUT BUDDIES 7/26/2010’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors