- 7 years ago
- Wedding: May 2011
I’m looking for some advice or opinions.
Do you think 7:30 is too late for dinner when there’s no cocktail hour? Should I get a fruit plate or something for the family members arriving early for pictures? Is it okay to have family pictures before the ceremony?
Sunset is at 7:45, so I put the Ceremony at 7 PM because (1) It won’t be as hot (2) the sun won’t be in everyone’s eyes, and (3) It’s a good time for pictures.
That’s my main concern right now, but if you have any other advice I’d appreciate it. Thanks in advance!
3:30-4:30 Hair & Makeup at location, done by Aunt
4:30-5:00 Put on dress, Take Bridal Portraits
5:00-6:00 First Look Pictures
6:00-7:00 Family Pictures
7:30-8:30 Dinner (Sunset is at 7:45 PM); Also visiting tables
8:30 Cake Cutting & Toasts?
8:40 First Dance (if we have one)
Here’s the Specifics:
*Budget: Around $6,000
* Location: Large Backyard in Las Vegas; 3 Bathrooms in the house
(both Ceremony & Reception)
* Guests: around 80 (50 min-100 max)
* Food: Buffet-Style, includes: 2 meat dishes, 1 vegetable dish, Salad, and Rolls.
— No Servers (dropped off by Caterer) All disposable plates, etc.
* Drinks: A few alcoholic drinks (wine, beer); lemonade; iced tea; water; soda
–Many of the guests do not drink alcohol
* Entertainment: Ipod, Karaoke, possibly hire someone
* Bridal Party: Best Man & Maid of Honor (no bridesmaids/ groomsmen)