- 6 years ago
So I went for a job interview today at a local social services organization, and I initially got the job that I applied for (yay!) A few hours after I was offered the job, my soon to be manager gave me a call and offered me another position a little higher up, not only did he offer me this job, he also offered my SO the same job. Here are the details….
-We would be working in a group home setting, where we are responsible for 4 vulnerable youth
– We would recieve a house (where the youth live, but also has a completely separate suite including bedrooms, bathrooms, living area, kitchen, etc.) at no cost to us, a brand new vehicle, all of our expenses covered, including groceries, phone, tv, internet, etc.
– We would both work a typical 40 hour week, and would have our own staff to care for the children when we are off
– We would both be making around $15000/yr more than we are currently making
– We would recieve full benefits, 3 weeks vacation yearly, and RRSP contributions
No here’s the catch…
– We would be on call in case of emergencies on our days off
– We would have to be home for 9pm each evening
– We only get 1 weekend off a month where we dont have to be at home by a certain time, and can take trips/nights out just for us
My SO and I are both really interested, but I am having a hard time coming to terms with the fact that essentially we could be parents overnight, and would be giving up most of our freedom
We are in the process of weighing out the pros/cons, but I’d be interested in knowing what some of you ladies would do if you were in my position!!