- 4 years ago
- Wedding: December 2012
My question is: Under these circumstances, would you attend this baby shower.
1) The baby shower is for my BIL and SIL (My DH’s Brother and his wife)
2) We got the invitation in the mail yesterday (June 6th) for a shower on June 15th. From what I heard, half the guest got actual invitations the other half were invited via facebook. Also, out of spite, key famiy members were not invited.
3)The baby shower is being thrown by the expectent parents, my BIL and SIL.Tthey are throwing themselves a baby shower. To me this is an etiquitte no-no.
4) My MIL has tons of baby stuff that they could use (cribs, changing tables, and so much more). When she offered them this stuff, they said no because they wanted all new things. They cannot afford all new things.
5) I feel like we are an after thought, we are only being invited so that they can get all this fancy baby stuff they registered for.
6)There is bad blood between me, my DH, the BIL and SIL. They have both said nasty things to my face and behind my back. When family and my DH tries to stick up for me, they lash out agains them.
7) My DH has tried to have a relationship with his brother. He has tried to call him, take him to lunch, and so much more. However, whenever my SIL gets wind of it, she forbids him to go and then it is weeks before my DH speeks to his brother again.
8)SIL prevents my BIL from going to family events. At first he will sound excited to go but then she will cause a fight that prevents them from going.
9) the last time we were around each other, they would only grunt at us. Not speak to or look at us.
10) At the begining of the pregnancy, they used to run a a day care business with my MIL. They walked out on the business, taking all earnings with them. They left my MIL high and dry and never gave her the money she was owed.
I honestly feel like we are being used and that we should not go. What do you bees think?