(Closed) Would you pay $1,400 for this dress?

posted 8 years ago in Dress
  • poll: Would you pay $1,400 for this dress?
    Yes, it is worth it. : (79 votes)
    44 %
    No, find another dress that is similar but cheaper. : (99 votes)
    56 %
  • Post # 3
    11 posts
    Newbee
    • Wedding: October 2010

The detail in the back is lovely but I think you could really find a similar style for less.  However, if this is the dress you want, go for it!! Remember it’s your WEDDING dress! 🙂  Good luck.

Post # 4
    2186 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: September 2010

it depends. do you have the $1400 to spend on it or are you stretching?

you only get married once, so if you love it and can afford it then go for it. if you cant afford it then find osmething similar thats cheaper…

Post # 5
    5498 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: September 2010

Honestly, it’s a very common style. I would look for another one and maybe DIY a similar belt. It’s a gorgeous dress, butif you don’t have to spend the money, I wouldn’t.

Post # 6
    222 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: June 2011

I voted yes, because it is absolutely beautiful.  But, if you don’t have the money to spend on it…keep looking.  Something more affordable may suprise you 🙂

Post # 7
    7771 posts
    Bumble Beekeeper
    • Wedding: July 2010

I say yes.  I’m with @eholden

Post # 8
    1980 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: March 2014

I think it is exquisite. In my opinion, tacking a beaded belt onto a cheap dress will never ever EVER look like that dress. If you have the $1400 to spend, nothing is going to top that dress.

Post # 9
    278 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: October 2010

I think you’re right that you get what you pay for and if you’re getting it used, you’re probably getting a decent deal. A cheaper dress probably won’t have the same level of detail in the beading or in the back (which is gorgeous) and I assume POB uses high quality materials. So I hope you go for it, but I also agree that your budget comes first.

Post # 10
    2476 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: June 2010

Hmmm tough call.  $1400 for a used dress?  I think I’d rather find something brand new for that price.  But the dress is really pretty!  I’d just be worried about how USED it was… if it has stains/tears/rips/etc.  Personally, I think you could find a really nice BRAND NEW dress for that kind of money. 

Post # 11
    3316 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: October 2009

I wouldn’t buy it for $1,400, but then again, I wouldn’t buy any dress for $1,400.  (Each of ours was under $500.)  But it is definitely a beautiful dress! If it’s important to you, and you have the budget for it, there is no reason not to buy it.

As for buying a used dress, I have no problems with that at all.  The price of used dresses is often much less than that of new ones of similar quality.  I’d rather get the quality than worry about whether the dress has been worn before.

Post # 12
    3219 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: November 2010

If you have the money and love love it then get it.

But if its used online (not a local shop) please please ask lots of detailed q’s about stains & holes. I was looking at a used dress they only had the stock photo up and the add said the dress had not been cleaned. When I asked if there was any stains I got a reply of it needs to be cleaned like the ad says. I emailed and said I understand it needs to be cleaned but i want to know if it has huge stains that will never come out. I never heard back from her! obvs that dress had something wrong with it!

Post # 13
    572 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: September 2011

I think the dress is gorgeous!

However, I dont know how I personally would feel paying $1400 for a dress that has already been pre-owned, and worn (?)

BUT, if you absolutely LOVE the dress and have the money for it, then I would say go for it, it’s your wedding day! 

Post # 14
    321 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: April 2011 - Anthony’s Fine Dining

It’s tough because dress budgets are such an individual thing.  I feel like I could have found something similar to my dress for MUCH cheaper, but at the same time, I’m sure other designers make something similar for much more!  If your budget is at or around $1400, do it!  If not, don’t worry…I’m sure you can find something similar for less!

Post # 15
    3564 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: August 2010

It totally depends on whether that’s in your budget. If it is–go for it! It’s a gorgeous dress, and PoB is a well known, good quality designer. But if it’s not in your budget, then I think you can definitely find something else. There are hundreds of dresses ou there!

The topic ‘Would you pay $1,400 for this dress?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors