Would you spend $4000 for photography?

posted 3 years ago in Photos/Videos
Post # 3
1864 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: March 2014

@smilestorm:  I already am. And that does not include photo books which we’ll buy from him a few months after the wedding. 

Post # 4
2851 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

Wow; I would say no… But I or my parents are also not wealthy.

I think pictures are important but I also like to think of the long run also. My parents or any older couples I know hardly EVER look at those pictures.

I can’t see spending 4K on photos. But if you can afford it then by all means.

Post # 5
1136 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: March 2015

@smilestorm:  We’re spending close to that and about the same for video – if you love their style and photography is important to you go for it! For me, good photography is one of the most important parts of our wedding, I know i’ll treasure those photos/memories forever so for us its worth it!

Post # 6
3280 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

It depends on your overall budget. If you’re whole wedding is say 10K and you spend 4K on a photographer, not a good idea. Our budget is around 20K and I still would never spend 4K on a photographer. 

Post # 7
1888 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2014

No way, but then again paying that much would almost be one third of our entire budget.  If you can afford it and really want it then go for it, but there’s no way we could swing that.

Post # 8
3934 posts
Honey bee

@smilestorm:   We’re spending close to that but not doing the videographer.   

Post # 9
434 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2014

@smilestorm:  I spent $5000 for my photographer. 2 photogs, 8 hours, and the engagement shoot (2 hours).

Post # 10
4513 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

Yes and we did spend about that amount. Photography was one of the most important factors for us and we definitely splurged on it. After the day comes and goes the photos are all you have left (other than the memories, of course lol). I think there are great photographers in all price ranges, it just depends what you want. We fell in love with our photographer’s style and there weren’t really any others in the area that we liked as much (or if we did they were about the same price anyway). It was totally worth it.

Post # 11
1648 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2000

Yes!  Mine was around 4K and the pictures came out REALL amazing. Money well spent, IMO

Post # 12
1500 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

I spent $4,500 on my photographer and that was her lowest package. That and I am a photog myself so I want really good photos (but could not afford my $10K dream photog)! I think ultimately you have to find a happy point between quality of photos and what you are willing to pay for and just be happy with that, so if this person’s photos are making you happy, then no shame in paying a market price for them.

Post # 13
2126 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2015

We’re likely spending around $3,500 and photography isn’t even that important to us. That’s just the low end of average for where we live. So, if pictures really matter to you, and you live in an expensive area, I think 4K is reasonable.

Post # 14
1083 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: April 2014

We are spending about $5300 so yes! We really splurged on photography because we love our photographer. That also includes two shooters, 8 hours of coverage, a really nice photo album, and all of the pictures.

Post # 15
134 posts
Blushing bee

Yes, but for where I am, that would be considered a reasonable price for an average photographer.

Post # 16
1582 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

@smilestorm:  Yes, I spent over twice that much. And it was completely worth it. No regrets.

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors