(Closed) Would you stay in a B&B for a minimoon?

posted 7 years ago in Honeymoons
Post # 3
4583 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

We love B&B’s! They’re so much better than hotels. Our minimoon will be two nights at a B&B in VT and two nights in another B&B outside of Portland, ME. We’ve stayed at both places before and really loved the experience – but we’re staying in different rooms this time to change things up a bit.

Post # 3
3672 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: March 2011

I know I commented on the other thread so you probably know already that I love B&B’s but we stayed at one for both the vacation we took where we got engaged as well as our four night honeymoon/minimoon to Savannah and we loved it both times.  I find the more personalized decor and house feel of staying there to be romantic. 

Post # 4
6394 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: September 2011

I’ve never stayed in one myself, but we’re looking at them too for our honeymoon :).

Post # 5
52 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

I love B&Bs! I find them much more relaxing and romantic than Hotels. We staying in one for our wedding. 🙂

Post # 6
2550 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

I love B&Bs.  It will give you the coziness that you don’t get @ a hotel chain or resort.  I say do it. 

Post # 7
1263 posts
Bumble bee

That’s exactly what we are doing! We have a two year old so we can’t leave him for too long. We are staying in a B&B that we stayed in a few years ago and really loved. It is a cottage just off the main house so it’s more private and romantic. I absolutely reccommend it!

Post # 8
219 posts
Helper bee

Heck ya I would! I think that’s a great idea!
Let us know which one you pick! 🙂 

Post # 9
929 posts
Busy bee

Absolutely!! They are much better than hotels, IMO. So cozy and romantic!

Post # 10
3167 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

@MrsMonty11: where are you staying, if you don’t mind me asking? feel free to PM it if you’re not comfortable posting. :] FH and I are looking for a local OK minimoon place!

Post # 11
3601 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: January 1992

Would and will.

Post # 12
4887 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

Haven’t ever stayed in one, [which is why I] wouldn’t stay in one for honeymoon.  I’ve thrown the idea of a weekend getaway with a B&B to my fiance, and he’s just not interested. He doesn’t like the feeling of staying in someone’s house, and he’s afraid of… uhh… thin walls.  I think I might enjoy staying in one, but wouldn’t choose this for our honeymoon since it’s unfamiliar and FI is hesitant.

Post # 14
7431 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

I would be open to it.

Post # 15
4110 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: December 2011

Absolutely! Love them. I also looked into them as possible venues for the wedding- I think they are just so charming Smile

The topic ‘Would you stay in a B&B for a minimoon?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors