Post # 1
So I’m pretty sure that this was not our month, unfortunately 🙁 I’m feeling a bit conflicted about whether or not to TTC for the next two months–If we DID get pregnant next cycle, I would be due at the end of Sept, and we have a wedding of one of our closest friends, that Darling Husband is also in. Two weeks after that, we have another wedding for DH’s cousin, whom we’re also very close with. SO I’m pretty sure that next cycle is out.
The cycle after that would have me due at the end of October, so 2-4 weeks after the weddings. Would you TTC that cycle, with the possibility of going in to labor earlier, or just plain not wanting to squeeze into fancy dresses at almost 40wks pregnant? Or would you take the approach that it’s unlikely that I’ll get pregnant even if we are trying (since it hasn’t worked the last 2 cycles)? Wah, this cycle really would have been perfect timing! Boo!
Good luck to all of you who have yet to test!!
Post # 3
I would still continue TTC. Anything could come up at any time; at the moment there might not be any weddings next October/November, but that could change. I personally would never put my life or plans on hold for something like a wedding; there is no guarantee you’ll fall pregnant in the next 2 months anyway (for most couples it takes 6 months plus), but if you do, that’s a bridge you can cross when you come to it.
Post # 4
I would not put my life on hold for someone elses wedding; not even family. Life happens and we all adjust accordingly.
Post # 5
@barbie86: Yeah I know you’re right, that you can’t plan your life around other events. I just have a feeling that if we did TTC that month, I would get pregnant, and probably end up going in to labor a few weeks early on the day of one of the weddings, because that’s just how things always seem to work out, lol. I guess I’ll talk to Darling Husband about it and see what he thinks. And either way, waiting 2 months isn’t the end of the world…just annoying!
Post # 6
You miss some ones wedding, yes that would suck, but having a baby would be so much more exciting. I have debated stopping trying (mostly for emotional reasons) But the chance that we take the month off and then 6 months down the road and we still arn’t KU, it would seem like such a waste. So we just keep on BDing when we can and hope it amounts to something.
Don’t plan your life around every one elses.
Post # 7
I’d only TTA if I was actually going to be a bridesmaid (or have some other important job like a reader or something). Other than that, I’d keep trying!
Post # 8
I would not stop TTC just because there is an event coming up. The odds of you becoming pregnant, and having a baby within those few weeks are not super high so I would say just keep trying! That’s my personal opinion though, I would never put something I want so badly on hold because of someones wedding. There will always be something that comes up but the joy of having a baby tops it all! good luck to you 🙂
Post # 9
@mrs.monkey: How long have you been trying? Hubby and I started out like you are and tried to plan trying around what worked best for my work schedule in terms of a due date at first. We put off trying for several months, tooks breaks etc. Let me tell you how that worked out … we didn’t get pregnant right away, or soon after, then we stopped thinking about it and the longer we hoped for a baby the less we cared when it came. If you take a month off every time something comes up before you know it you’ll be over a year into TTC and suddenly frustrated and wondering if something is wrong with you. I wouldn’t do it – babies are miracles and you can’t time or schedule them, just be grateful when they come!
In the end we are finally pregnant and the timing couldn’t be worse, but we’ve now waited so long for this and at times doubted if it was even going to happen, we are just incapable of being anything but super happy and excited. We’ll deal with the rest as it comes!
Post # 10
I would only avoid if it was one of my sisters or I was maid of honor, or if H was best man. And then, only for a month, so I wouldn’t be completely full term, but I would risk being 8 months.
That said, our plan was to start trying next summer, and now we are considering waiting a few months until wedding season is over! But that’s more so I won’t have to lie about not drinking in the beginning and things like that.