(Closed) Yes…we are also Winter 2012!

posted 7 years ago in January 2012
Post # 3
866 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: December 2011

Welcome to the January 2012 boards!

I can hardly believe that “our” time is a mere 15 months away. What kind of ideas/inspiration/guidance are you looking for — anything in particular? I’m happy to chat with a fellow winter bride anytime 😀

Post # 4
269 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2012

Woot! It seemed so far away, but now it’s coming!

We’ve just started making plans with the officiant, and when we officially “set” our date, we’ll book our reception venue. Squee!!

Oh, and I totally plan on hitting the craft stores after this Christmas to stock up on decor when it goes on clearance. I’m thinking a winter theme that involves light purple or light blue.

Post # 5
866 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: December 2011

@sapphirelady15: A resounding “DITTO!” to visiting the craft stores after the holidays for some steals! We’ll definitely need some ribbon and hot glue supplies, and I can’t wait to see what else inspires me.

Also, I love your idea for colors!

Post # 6
269 posts
Helper bee

Thank you!

Oh, and we officially set the date with the officiant! woohoo!!!

Post # 8
729 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: January 2012

I have a reception venue and church. I’m going with charcoal dresses and bright flowers. Similar to this…..

Post # 9
269 posts
Helper bee

Pretty! Definitely refreshing colors after Christmastime!

We finally decided on a base color- David’s Bridal Lapis.

One speedbump- we can’t reserve our reception venue until January 3rd of 2011. Ack! That’s really making me crazy!!

Post # 10
139 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: February 2012

@Klb5882: I love those colors. It will be so neat to see a winter wedding that involves bright colors. 

@sapphirelady15: Thats our color too!  We’re doing the lapis (or plum) with champagne. Yay for color twins! 

I understand being stressed about the venue. We don’t even have a venue for the reception picked yet! We visited one location, but we still need to make appointments to see two others.  But I cannot get anyone to call me back at the one location that I loveeee! But FI’s aunt had a party there and has the owners phone number so she called and I’m waiting for more information. 

Post # 11
21 posts
Newbee

Engaged on Friday and just realized i have SOOOOO MUCH TO DO.  

Post # 12
3 posts
Wannabee

One thing that we’re planning to do as a fun way to celebrate the season is s’mores. We tried to find a venue with a fire place but ended up deciding that getting one with a view of the Bay was more important. However, our hotel for our OOT guests has an amazing fireplace in the bar area and so we’re going to go over with supplies the night before. We’ll get to hang with our guests and eat yummy snacks!

Post # 13
139 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: February 2012

@callierf: I love that idea! We thought about doing a hot chocolate bar. Hot chocolate and s’mores both scream winter and being cozy. 

The topic ‘Yes…we are also Winter 2012!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors