(Closed) you have 2500 dollars… where would you go on your honeymoon?

posted 5 years ago in Honeymoons
Post # 3
547 posts
Busy bee

Either a cruise or Mexico. I’m hoping to spend even less than $2500 to do one of those options. 

Post # 4
1038 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

Why not postpone it for a lil bit after the wedding so you can have more time to save up for someplace nice? That is what we are doing.  I didn’t want to have to settle on my honeymoon, afterall you only have one real honeymoon. 

Post # 5
1409 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

FI and I vacation together often. Cruises are your best value to see a few different locations relatively cheap. $2500 on a 5 or 7 day Carribean or Mexico cruise can go really far – probably even a balcony room or upgraded suite depending on what time of year you are traveling. If you have questions, let me know. I feel like we are crusing experts by now. lol

Post # 6
778 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

My FH and I want to go to Europe, but we have about the same budget as you do (we’re saving up for a house and we just finished grad school).  We might end up going to Disney World for our honeymoon and saving up money for a European cruise for an anniversary.  

Post # 7
11760 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

Dominican Republic and Mexico are by the far the least expensive tropical places to go. 

Or, check out groupon!

Post # 8
551 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2013

mexico, we’re going for a week for $2200 (comes to $2400 with tours) all inclusive, 4 star hotel. there’s a chain there called park royal, any of them are AMAZING! if you have your passport, this is where I’d go. (we go here all the time, between cancun and cozumel, but we just couldn’t pass it up for our honeymoon because we love it so much).

Post # 9
349 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2014

Sign up for Groupon or Living Social & get one of their all-inclusive deals. I’ve posted about it on here before, but you can get some really amazing vacation packages for dirt cheap if you’re willing to put in a little time.  I did one to Puerto Rico last year & it was well beyond our expectations.  There was just a deal through one of them for like 5 days in the Azores including airfare for $699 per person. I was seriously tempted to buy that one because the Azores just sound cool.

For example, this one through LS is $661 for four nights not including airfare. It looks beautiful & that price is a steal.

Post # 10
322 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

Check out Apple Vacations – a friend of mine vacations every year in Mexico for about your budget via their deals.

Post # 11
265 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

I would definitely go on a cruise with that money. You can go on a bahama or bermuda cruise. Plus everything is usually included so no extra costs on food. I love cruises. 

Post # 12
61 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

Cruise….

Post # 13
9956 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: December 2012

Marrying in June, and not having an enormous budget… I’d opt for a Road Trip as well (LOVE Road Trips)

Generally speaking Road Trips are a good and inexpensive way to travel and see the world.

There is so much of North America worth seeing… be it near or far

I see you are from Virginia… so you have a zillion options just along the Eastern Seaboard alone (never mind further inland or up into Canada)

Post # 14
3423 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

We are getting married in September so the tropics would be all rained out. So we would DO IT UP in SanFran

Post # 15
2810 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

somewhere within driving distance. that way, we could get a nice hotel (:

Post # 16
369 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2013

Ireland!

The topic ‘you have 2500 dollars… where would you go on your honeymoon?’ is closed to new replies.

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors