- 8 years ago
- Wedding: March 2010
Finally, a true map of Florida that explains this weird, but wonderful state. Those of you who live in Florida will recognize it, and those who don’t have been warned !!!
You know you’re a Floridian if….
* You never use an umbrella because the rain will be over in five minutes.
* You think a six-foot alligator is actually pretty average
* Every other house in your neighborhood had blue roofs in 2004-2005
* “Down South” means Key West
* You know that anything under a Category 3 just isn’t worth waking up for.
* You know the four seasons really are: Hurricane season, love bug season, tourist season and summer.
* Your winter coat is made of denim.
* You can tell the difference between fire ant bites and mosquito bites.
* Anything under 70 degrees is chilly.
* You’ve driven through Yeehaw Junction.
* You know that no other grocery store can compare to Publix.
* You recognize Miami-Dade as ‘ Northern Cuba ‘
* You dread love bug season.
* You’ve worn shorts and used the A/C on Christmas and New Years.
* You are on a first name basis with the Hurricane list. They aren’t Hurricane Charley or Hurricane Frances. You know them as Andrew, Charley , Frances , Ivan, Jeanne & Wilma…Irene…Cheryl…Rita Mary… Alison
* You know what a snowbird is and when they’ll leave.
* Flip-flops are everyday wear. Shoes are for business meetings and church, but you HAVE worn flip flops to church before.
* You have a drawer full of bathing suits, and one sweatshirt.
* You get annoyed at the tourists who feed seagulls.
* A mountain is any hill 100 feet above sea level.
* You’ve hosted a hurricane party.
* You can pronounce Okeechobee, Kissimmee , Withlacoochee , Thonotosassa and Micanopy.
* You understand why it’s better to have a friend with a boat, than have a boat yourself.
* You were 25 when you first met someone who couldn’t swim.
* A good parking place has nothing to do with distance from the store, but everything to do with shade.