- 8 years ago
- Wedding: September 2010
So as you may/may not know, my BF and I are getting ready to get engaged, as in we’ve picked out the ring 2 weeks ago and he is/has buying/bought it on his own time and is proposing to me sometime between now and like.. mid January, lets say. Well his parents have known for several weeks (i mean he wanted to talk to him about it… get advice.etc..) and THEY told his younger brothers (aged 21 and 15) last weekend.. roughly 4/5 days ago.
So we get a call yesterday morning from his mother and she has news. GUESS WHAT! His 21 year old brother proposed to his girl friend the night before! I am LIVID. Why, you ask?
1. We had to kick him out of our apartment in August (he lived with us) because he not only hadnt had a job in 9 months (on his own accord & wasnt trying to change that) but wasnt cleaning up after himself and ORDERED NARCOTICS to our apartment.
2. He has decided recently to sell his perscription drugs for $$ instead of getting a job.
3. He lives at home with mom n dad and has no motivation.
4. His gf of 7 months is a total enabler who (although she doesnt drink or do drugs on her own) puts up with his bs. She’s getting ready to graduate college and acually has a future ahead of her while he is stuck in loser land. Sorry to say it, i love the kid but its true.
5. He knew perfectly well that we are about to get engaged and did so WITHOUT a ring (ok try not to jump on me for this, i know people do this legit all the time but its just TOO coinsidental).
6. My mother was at thanksgiving and accidently found out about our pre-engagement through his mother and is just starting to warm up to it all — now shes like “guess the boys are getting auctioned off!”
and last but not least:
7. That little jerk. I can’t even believe him. He had the indecensy to tell us not to get married in a year 1/2 because thats when they were planning on doing it. Give me an ******* break.
I hate to sound as if i am more “justified” in our engagement (well you know… the pending engagement) but i do. Perhaps its a “if you knew everything that i knew youd be on my side” sort of thing but even his parents are rolling their eyes so hard.His gf and him have rained on our parades 3 times in their relationship (1 ex: we invited them to NY with us and they had SEX in our hotel bathroom while we were sleeping 3 feet away, flooding the bathroom). They just dont think about other people and UGH if i cant vent here where can i?
Anyhow if you read all that you deserve another piece of leftover pie. I really appriciate it. =[