(Closed) Your Wedding Photos & Facebook.

posted 7 years ago in Photos/Videos
Post # 3
5655 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: April 2011

Gosh… come to think about it.. other than the pics (phone pics) posted by us or sneak pics that were posted by our photog we didn’t have to worry about that. lol

idk what’d I do… probably untag myself. lol Or even ask them to take it down.. (we asked the photog to take one down… it was of the garter toss. I posted it here but we did feel comfortable with it on fb… idk just didn’t lol

You could also set up a photosharing site & ask your guests to load them to there so that you and FH could see them and load them all in your album…

Post # 4
1668 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: March 2012

this has come up before.  One of the bloggers didn’t want pics posted on FB and she got SLAMMED about it.  I personally feel like it’s a private event for the people I invited.  My preference would be that pics not be posted of me and definitely not of the important parts of the day.  But I don’t plan on saying anything to guests unless I am asked my preference.    It’s not because of looking bad or wanted to post all at the same time, it’s just private, intimate and special event in our lives that I don’t need people reporting the play by play of on FB to people that weren’t invited and I don’t know.

Post # 4
9 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: September 2012

I feel the same way. I really don’t want to see pictures of my wedding everywhere on Facebook for anyone’s friends to see. I just don’t know how to say it- do we annonce it? write it on the menu cards…? I know my FSIL (and BM!) will want to post every and any picture right away. She’s the type of person who posts pictures of an event the day of or the morning right after… Hopefully she will understand…

Post # 5
1668 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: March 2012

@dancingsolo: Previous suggestions have been putting it on the website, on the programs, or using a photosharing site and printing out cards instructing guests where they can upload pics to share with you along with a message asking that they not post on FB.

Post # 6
7695 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: August 2010

You say this now, but honestly, once you have your wedding and are waiting for your pro pictures you will be so grateful that people are posting things for you to see! Just change your Facebook settings so it doesnt notify you every time someone posts something. I know I was SO happy to see photos the next day and the weeks after the wedding from friends. I guess your other option is to set up a flickr account and ask all your guests to post them there instead of facebook, but Im sure people will still post them on facebook. Or you can just make it so in your Facebook settings people are not able to tag you in photos.

Post # 7
230 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

No, I won’t be telling our guests this. I’m fine with the pictures being uploaded. Sure I’d be worried about them catching me in a horrible angel, but oh well. Laughing

Post # 8
5655 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: April 2011

@PitBulLover that is SO true! I was sooo glad to be able to see the pics my grandmother took.. of course they weren’t digital so I didn’t have to worry about them being posted for everyone to see… but in the waiting time it was VERY nice!

Post # 9
10367 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2010

We live in a Facebook world. I don’t really get the harm in it. You can try to control it – but you’ll likely get resistance and people will probably do it anyway.

Post # 10
6598 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: August 2010

IMHO when people take pictures they are then considered their property and they can do as they please with them.

There was so much time between the wedding and getting pro pics I really enjoyed seeing everyones pics on facebook.

But I guess if it really bugs you it doesn’t hurt to ask.

Post # 12
256 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

I unfortunately didn’t tell people not to post pictures of me on facebook and before my wedding day had ended there were over 200 pictures of my wedding up!  At first I was bothered by it……But, then i realized how happy I was to have had so many people there that were that excited about my day Smile

Turns out some of my guest too some pretty awesome pictures!

Post # 13
1701 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

@PitBulLover: 100% agreed.  Two days after the wedding I was home by myself with nothing.  Finally the best man’s wife posted some in the afternoon.

If you don’t like the photo posted, then un-tag yourself or message the person and ask them to remove it.

Post # 14
2600 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

It will be strange to see so many pictures of myself, as I’m not a fan of that… but I will tell you that generally, you’ll be SO excited to see pictures! 

For weddings I coordinate, I always have a little bag I carry around with me – before I send someone walking down the aisle, I usually end up with their cell phones, sunglasses (unless they’ve decided they wanted everyone to wear them) hotel room keys and cameras.  For every wedding they’ve handed me a camera… I’ve taken pictures during the ceremony 🙂

It’s a nice surprise for them and many of them comment the next morning about FB pictures they saw and how they can’t wait for their pro pics, which can sometimes be quite a while.

If I was a guest at a wedding, I would be quite put off by a request to not share photos like that.

I’m hoping our guests do post during and immediately after the wedding so that our friends and family that couldn’t make it can see them.

Good luck!!

Post # 15
724 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

I don’t really think it’s appropriate, unless you’re doing it for privacy reasons. I fully expect people to share photos and I hope they do. There are a lot of friends and family who can’t make it, or who I couldn’t invite, and this is a way to show off all the hard work I put into it and for people to feel like they were there. I wouldn’t want to hide it from them just because they aren’t the “pro” pics. Those take weeks to get in!

If you don’t like a particular angle, you can untag yourself, but I wouldn’t go around making a big deal about it. People will think it’s rude and that you’re more concerned about how you look than their ability to show off what a good time they had.

The topic ‘Your Wedding Photos & Facebook.’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors