(Closed) 0.30 carat diamond engagement ring

posted 7 months ago in Engagement
Post # 2
2122 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2018

Congratulations on your upcoming engagement!! There are some lovely old threads showing diamonds in your carat range, particularly solitaires in this size are stunning imo! 

Post # 3
24 posts
Newbee

My ring is a .45 carat solitaire! My FH reset my grandmother’s diamond! I LOVE how dainty it is and they way it sparkles is incredible! Excuse my VERY dry hands! 

Post # 4
333 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2018

This photo is probably massive but mine is 0.30 and I have fairly large hands (size 9)

Post # 5
3009 posts
Sugar bee

I think you will find on WeddingBee the majority of women tend to have larger stones. It’s not a good sample for the rest of the population lol. 

But there are a lot of threads for specific sizes or daintier rings you can search for ๐Ÿ™‚ 

Post # 6
147 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2018

I have a 0.33 carat heirloom ring, and I LOVE it. Most of my friends have slightly larger stones (0.6-1 carat mostly) so I too wondered initially. But when I ordered a couple cheap rings from Amazon in that range (for travel etc), I actually realized I preferred my ring way more. I’ve had it for almost 3 years now and love how delicate it looks on my hand (size 5 for reference). I also prefer a low profile ring and I didn’t realize how much higher a larger stone typically sits on your finger. 
you could always get a blingier wedding band if you want more sparkle?

Post # 8
129 posts
Blushing bee

It’s not my e-ring but one of my favourites for how dainty it is. No idea for the size on this as it was a gift.

Post # 9
16 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: July 2020

My ring is .33 of a carat and I LOVE it. It’s dainty but also really sparky in the sunshine.

Post # 10
409 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2020

Mine is a half carat and my ring size is 5.5…very small kid hands and short fingers.

When deciding on carat size we looked into a full carat from a set of earrings I inherited, and omg it just wasn’t me. Felt like I was playing dress-up. I knew instantly when I got the half carat and saw the bezel setting it felt very right. 

You can do a lot with a simple setting like creating a stack or go full bling for your wedding band.

Post # 11
198 posts
Blushing bee

It’s a 0.30 on a size 4.5 finger ๐Ÿ™‚ 

IMG_4634

Post # 12
1 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: September 2020

My ring is 0.42 carat and I wear a UK size H (US size 4 I think). Sometimes I wish mine was a bigger diamond too but honestly I get so many compliments on it that it doesn’t really matter – it’s still so beautiful and sparkly and it’s what my fiancé could afford at the time so I’m happy ๐Ÿ™‚ We did consider a bigger diamond but we would’ve had to compromise on the colour/clarity etc. which didn’t seem worth it to me. 

P.S the photos below are both my hand, one is just a tanned version haha

Post # 13
54 posts
Worker bee

This is my 10 year upgrade. 0.5ct solitaire on 18kt yellow gold. It’s my dream ring and my dream size. Bigger just doesn’t look better on me. I like elegance and less is more. I think rings should be picked based upon what looks good on the hand and not social status. 

Post # 14
218 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

View original reply
Sab947 :  Congratulations! How exciting! I bet it will look beautiful. Here are some of the rings that I have that I switch around on my left hand. Please ignore my red knuckle, my fingers are puffy in the morning and they did not appreciate putting on and taking off rings lol.

Top left I think TCW is estimated to be around .4. It’s an OEC so it faces up smaller than what it is. I’ve compared it to one of my .25ct RB diamond studs and it faces up larger than that so I imagine it looks close to the size of your diamond.

Top right was sold to me as .25ct and is an OMC but faces up larger than the above mentioned earring, so again, probably close to the size of your diamond. I think it is a little smaller than the OEC though. It is in an illusion head so gives it a little something extra.

Bottom left is estimated to be a .17ct RB diamond. I hate that diamond but I love the setting.

Bottom right is my newest find and what I have been wearing almost exclusively (apart from my sapphire engagement ring). It is a .5ct transitional cut diamond in an illusion head, so it has a lot more finger coverage. I think it’s like 7mm total, but the diamond is 5mm. This ring is a size 4.75/5 (it’s not perfectly round so measures differently depending on how you put it on the mandrel).

All other rings should be 4.5.

Hope this helps!

The topic ‘0.30 carat diamond engagement ring’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors