0.70 carat solitaire or pave band? 4 or 6 prongs?

posted 11 months ago in Rings
Post # 16
813 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2018

It’s personal taste but what’s often overlooked is your lifestyle and wearing preferences. I nice blinged out ring can be pretty if you plan on wearing it 9-5 on weekdays or something like that. I chose I plain solitaire to be able to wear it 24/7 and I got got a blinged out band to go with it. I love that band but it has been sitting in the safe a lot lately. My lifestyle involved a lot of boating, beachin, fishing and water sports. I don’t take my rings off as I am not a bit afraid of looing them but the blingy band bugs me as it’s constantly smeared with sunscreen and moisturizer. I now mostly wear a matching plain band and I love the look. Makes the stone stand out a lot. Just something to think about. 
4 or 6 prongs is totally a personal preference with a .7 imo. I like both looks. If you go for 6 prongs I’d just make sure the prongs are nice and narrow. (Well, I’d look for that in any amount of prongs or stone size actually – my prongs are almost invisible when looking from more than 30 cm)

Post # 17
569 posts
Busy bee

I’d get a 6 prong soft knife edge solitaire.  I realized that is my favorite style for rounds after seeing a lot of rings. Lol. Have fun looking through pictures and eventually you’ll notice yourself gravitating toward a certain style.

Post # 18
3084 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: October 2017

View original reply
@manddy21:  I love solitaires with 6 claw prongs

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors