39 %
    1.00ct : (19 votes)
    58 %
    Other : (1 votes)
    3 %
  • Post # 2
    71 posts
    Worker bee

bigger is always better to me! I have small fingers too (5.5) and I got a 2.85 carat gem. Do it up! Plus 1 carat has resell value if you ever want to trade up. Under a carat, not so much.

Post # 3
    9219 posts
    Buzzing Beekeeper

Bezel settings actually make the stone look bigger, not smaller, so just something to keep in mind. I’d stop by a local department store or something and see if they have similar settings/similarly sized stones you can try on.

Post # 5
    1710 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: July 2012

I’d get the 1ct, substantial, but not “over the top”, even on such a tiny finger! 

Post # 6
    836 posts
    Busy bee

1 carat! I hope someone has pics of a 1 carat on a size 3 finger. I think it’ll loook amazing.

Post # 7
    356 posts
    Helper bee

I have a size 4 finger and my diamond is 1.03ct.  Everyone always tells me it looks huge on my finger. I think the setting I chose also enhances the size of the stone too.  I kept it a solitaire but had the setting custom made in a beautiful, modern design. That bezel design is gorgeous and would really show off the stone!

Post # 8
    10577 posts
    Sugar Beekeeper
    • Wedding: December 2013

Here’s a pic of a ring I use to have. Thought this help give you an idea. I’m a size 3.5 and this is a .79 carat round brilliant diamond that measures 6mm.

Also, here’s a 1.2 carat round diamond I use to have. It was cut slightly deep and measures 6.67mm. So this is comparable to a 1 carat in size. As you can see there is a noticeable size difference between the two. And remember a bezel will make the overall appearance of the ring look larger. I think either one would be a great size on you. Keep in mind shrinkage syndrome is real, and once you’ve been wearing it for a while it will appear smaller to you, so going with the 1 carat might be a good idea if that’s something your worried about 

Post # 9
    2734 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: August 2012

I say 1ct for sure, for my taste 😉 I wear the milgrain bezel from moissyco in 2ct, size 4.75. I looooove it!

Post # 10
    197 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: September 2018

I have this ring with a 1ct OEC and I think it looks great. My finger is a size 4 but it fits loose. I would go 1ct.  Hope this helps!

Post # 11
    693 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: September 2017 - California

1 carat would be a good size, though with a round stone I do t think you could go wrong either way.

The topic ‘0.75ct or 1ct on size 3 finger? HELP’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors