(Closed) 01/01/2011

posted 8 years ago in Fitness
Post # 3
1315 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

Ha ha, the great New Year’s Resolution overload lol !! Me too!

I’ve been swimming on and off all year, so I’m going to commit to 30 lengths, mon-wed-fri. I’m going to go back to the gym tues and thurs: I did used to go, but have been a lazy cow for ages. I’m actually gonna try a Zumba class on the 11th, I’ve heard great things about that. At some point in all this I might start the Couch to 5k program, it looks good and I’ve always liked the idea of running. I’ve got a super scary sports bra so I should be ok to run finally!

And the big thing, I’m going back to Weight Watchers. It’s actually the only way I’ve ever lost any weight, the challenge for me is keeping my motivation strong after the first eight weeks or so. I’m looking forward to the new points system, it looks very healthy and sensible!

That picture of my dress is egging me on.. And the dressmaker will be getting at me with her measuring tape roughly the 7th of March, so I want to do as much as I can in the 9-ish weeks to then! Eek!

Good luck to us!

ETA: Oh and we got a new Xbox and Kinect for Christmas, and got the Your Shape – Fitness Evolved game, so that should look after Saturday and Sunday! Just as well I don’t have a job to go to, lol !!

Post # 4
4162 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

I’m starting a yoga class once a week starting Jan 4.  FI and I recently started snowshoeing, so we’re going to try and do that once a week, plus going for a nightly walk together.  We both want to lose some weight before the big day, and it’ll be easier if we’re in it together.

I’m also going to try the 30 day shred again.  I did it for 2 days, and gave up, back in the summer lol.  I’ll try again!

Post # 5
1315 posts
Bumble bee

@Ryansgirl: To be honest I’m a wee bit scared of things like the Shred, I don’t think I’m anywhere near fit enough for it! Maybe when the panic sets in, say in April haha..

Post # 6
1222 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

We just got a xbox Kinect and I’m buying Biggest Loser weight loss game. I need to start somewhere! And then I definitely need to start utilizing my gym membership again before it expires in July. I need serious motivation and encouragement.

Post # 8
49 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: January 2011

I’m following the GOYA plan. Get Off Your Ass. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Seriously though…I just need to get back to the gym and clean up my diet. I bought my dress in November and I tried it on two nights ago and it doesn’t fit like it did then! The holiday pudge isn’t so bad that it won’t zip, I just can’t breathe! ๐Ÿ˜› Tomorrow, I’ll be 4 weeks out from our courthouse wedding on January 28th. I leave for a 10 day trip to Hong Kong next Wednesday. Fiance is already there and said the hotel gym is decent and I’m sure I’ll be walking a ton while I’m there as well. I just need to watch my food and alcohol consumption. Eeeek!

I’ll be hitting the gym for weights and cardio 6 days a week. We’re dayhiking Mt. Whitney this summer so I needed to get my butt in gear anyway. I was in the gym for 2 hours last night and 90 minutes this morning. I’m rededicating my life to fitness. ๐Ÿ˜›

Post # 10
1315 posts
Bumble bee

@CantWaittillMAY: Haha if there’s a single piece of chocolate in this house when I get up Saturday morning, it’s getting the highland fling lol!

Post # 12
49 posts
Newbee

@CantWaittillMAY: I know, I know. That’s why I’m more than a little worried with the trip coming up. I can control my workouts while there and will have plenty of time to get them in, but the food, that’s another story when you’re in a hotel for 10 days. I can do egg whites, salads and lots of protein at home easily…not so easy when there’s amazing cuisine tempting me. Not to mention the awesome wedding dinner that FI’s Hong Kong team (he has a partnership that takes him to HK often on business) is planning for us.

Is it really important to be able to breathe in my dress? ๐Ÿ˜›

Post # 13
2714 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

30 day shred!! I started it over the summer, then we moved into the new apartment and I lost all motivation. Time to get back to it!

And deff cleaning up my diet and drinking more water.

Post # 14
5572 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

I’m going to start the 30 day shred also! I’m going to start training for a 10k also. I did a 5 in November and loved it so I’m going to sign up for a 10k thats in May. We just got a Wii so I’m going to get WiiFit too!

Post # 15
49 posts
Newbee

@TinyTina:Water, water, water. Thanks for the reminder. I need to grab a new bottle from the kitchen! I’m notorious for not drinking enough. ๐Ÿ™

Post # 16
1844 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

I am re-joining Weight Watchers. I did it two years ago. I was going to be a bridesmaid in a friend’s wedding in July, and one in August, and I wanted to look good! I dropped between 35 and 40 lbs. My wedding is in June 2012, but we will take engagement pictures in September/October, so I want to be looking good for then! WW helps, as long as I go to the weigh-ins and the meetings.

Exercise-wise, my goal is to hit the gym on Wednesdays, and two of the three weekend days. I take a trampoline class on Tuesdays. Mondays are too jam-packed, due to work and then grad school on top of it, but the other days, I may just hit the treadmill for 20 minutes. It’s amazing how much better I feel even after 20 minutes!

Food wise, starting out, my goal is to follow the WW plan and eat at least one serving of fruits or veggies with each meal. I am so bad about getting those in!

The topic ‘01/01/2011’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors