(Closed) 01/02/2010

posted 10 years ago in January 2010
Post # 3
1481 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: April 2010

I love that you did that with your date! I was actually trying to figure out if there was anything with our date like that. It’s 4/24/2010. I was trying to add it up to see…but no! But I still love saying our date! Did you plan it to be a palindrome…or it just happened?

Post # 5
752 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2016

I have the same date in Atlanta!! I love the fact that our date is a palindrome. ๐Ÿ™‚

How is your planning going, HumarockBride?

Any other January ’10ers out there?

Post # 6
62 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: January 2010

yay, date twin! unless we go with the Grand Marquis which is already booked for 1/2/10 :O Apparently it’s an annual thing.

Post # 7
1 posts
Wannabee

New year’s day checking in! We’ve booked a venue in the Hudson Valley, and I’m hoping it will be just a snowy next year as it is now.

It’s not a palindrome, but 01.01.10 is still pretty fun to write out ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 8
752 posts
Busy bee

Ooh, January 1st could really be worked beautifully into a design. All those ones and zeros will look lovely!

Post # 9
195 posts
Blushing bee

Yay date twin!  01/02/2010 in IOWA here!  Hopefully it can be a ‘snowy’ wedding!! 

Post # 11
195 posts
Blushing bee

HumarockBride! My colors i am doing are Silver and Gold, possibly some Bronze with deep plum as my flower accent color!  My fiance and I definately, like yourself are trying to avoid the christmas thing, event with anything blue-reminds to me of Christmas too.  Good luck with all your planning!!!

Post # 12
752 posts
Busy bee

Haha. It’s all winter, no Christmas for us, too!! Plum must be the color to choose right now, because my fiance and I are doing a frosty color with plum, moss, and peacock accents. We’re going for something that feels like a snowy winter’s night. Rich colors touched by frost and moonlight. I know, it’s hard to communicate.

I doubt we’ll have snow, since I’m in Atlanta, GA, but I can still hope! ๐Ÿ™‚

By the way, Miss Bliss, I love your name! Please tell me it’s an old school Saved by the Bell reference!

As far as a theme, we don’t really have one, but we’re working on nailing down a motif to brand our wedding with, and our "keywords" are rustic, elegant, playful, and whimsical. 

Do you girls have keywords you’re using to communicate with your vendors?

Post # 13
195 posts
Blushing bee

Driftslikesmoke-use PICTURES!!!  Mine have understood what I meant more, when I have shown them pictures.  Although the wedding is still so far away, I am planning from 12 hours away, so i already started! 

Post # 15
752 posts
Busy bee

The "written in the stars" theme is adorable! My fiancee and I actually met in our Astronomy class in college, so we thought about doing something to that effect and having our reception at a local museum/planetarium, but it didn’t work out. ๐Ÿ™ I will live vicariously through your theme though! So, so cute!!

Post # 16
195 posts
Blushing bee

The stars theme is very creative!  I am not sure if i am going to have a ‘theme’.  Do you think its a good idea to have one?  Will it make it easier to plan?  What are your thoughts?  My colors are silver and gold-very shimmery.  I like shiny things like those big diamond crystals you can get, etc.  Any ideas let me know!

The topic ‘01/02/2010’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors