(Closed) *#%(#& RSVPS

posted 7 years ago in Paper
Post # 3
431 posts
Helper bee

no that is perfect! how annoying for you!

Post # 4
33 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: May 2011

Your wedding is in 2 weeks & 2 days.  I would be DONE with them and would not bother to send anything.  Not angry, but clearly they are not being considerate.

Post # 5
407 posts
Helper bee

Send the email and if they do not reply to that final attempt, then plan for them to not attend.

Post # 6
5106 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: September 2011

@JennyW1: I’d say that’s more civil than I would be at this point. Especially if they’re supposed to be close friends… Somehow that’s so much worse! 

Sheesh. How annoying for you, hope it all works out either way!

Post # 7
6998 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: February 2011

im with ya girl! i need to give my venue a number on monday – out of  191 people invited we have 112 yes a few no’s and like 50 who havent responded (all on FI’s side) looks like he will be making phone calls this weekend.

Post # 8
104 posts
Blushing bee

Sounds great!  Send away!  Hope you hear back!  I would be soooo annoyed as well!

Post # 9
690 posts
Busy bee

@totheislnds: 50?? What a pain. That is so inconsiderate of people.

Post # 10
11325 posts
Sugar Beekeeper

People suck. Plain and simple. Your email is much nicer than I’d have the patience to be in your position. 🙂

Post # 11
1927 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

I think this is perceftly fine. It gets right to the point that you really need your head count.

If you can I would send a read receipt and a delivery receipt with the email, so you know that they got it and read it. (In outlook all you have to do it click on “Options” halfway down there is a box that says “request read receipt” and next to it there is another box that says “request delivery receipt” just click those boxes and you should be good to go.)

Post # 12
6998 posts
Busy Beekeeper

@EmeraldR: Fiance comes from a HUGE family – his mom is one of 12 kids, his dad is one of 15 – and he is one of 13 kids…he has like 76 cousins.

alot of those 50 wont be coming – but let me know! ya know?! haha

Post # 14
3314 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

@JennyW1:  If it makes you feel better, I had 7 family members waffling about whether they would come or not up until the day of the reception itself.  I had a buffet, so I had some flexibility in the amount of people I could feed, but I did tell them at about 2 weeks out that they had until 10 days out or I couldn’t guarantee enough food for them if they showed up since I had to order it 10 days out.

They still couldn’t make a decision in time.  People just sometimes really don’t get that this isn’t a party that you are running down to the store the day of and that you have to plan for the food well in advance an then also the tables/chairs/centerpiecs.  SOOOO frustrating!  

I think what you wrote on here is just fine though.  Good luck!  Hope yours get the picture better then mine did!  🙂

The topic ‘*#%(#& RSVPS’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors