Post # 1
- Wedding: May 2014 - alder manor
How is everyone coping? How is your progress? What are you working on?
Right now, my priorities lie with finalizing the following:
Finding Hair, Make Up, and Spray Tan Services
I’m working on so many other things as well at the moment, but these are things that I really would like to have decided on within the next couple of weeks. They’re already over due if you ask me. But the NYC winter has been interfearing with appointments…… grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Looking forward to hearing from you Bees!
Post # 3
I feel like I’m a juggler and I have a million balls up in the air right now!!
- I’m meeting with our prospective day of coordinator on Friday
- I secured a seamstress to alter my dress
- Invitations are printed and cut, I just need to address them and get postage.
- I’m part way through the centerpieces (hand made paper flowers in mason jars) and I have another dozen or so DIY projects I’m working on.
- Noise makers arrived last week for the ceremony, my son is putting labels on them with our names and wedding date.
- I need to take the mason jar mugs over so that my friend can start painting them – we are giving each guest a personalized mason jar mug as a favor
- Wedding and grooms cakes designs are finalized. Still need to decide on flavors and also cupcake designs.
- Sending off deposit for the popcorn buffet
- Girls dresses are purchased and in hand…yay!
- Still need to get the guys to submit their measurements and payments to the seamstress for their vests and ties.
I hear ya on the winter weather…the Midwest winters haven’t been terribly forgiving coupled with my knee injury, been tough to get around. Thank goodness for email and cell phones!
Post # 4
Me! I’m full on freaking out a little. We moved out wedding to May a week ago, was originally december and I have to do tons of things 🙁
1. Putting the deposit on caterer tomorrow
2. Finally found music and negotiated all the prices, putting the deposit down next week. Actually super excited about this! We’re having a quite formal wedding and I was able to make a deal and have a grand piano, violin, cello and the really big one that I can’t translate right now dor the ceremony lol For our cocktail hour there is a saxophone player and the reception has a DJ plus they’re throwing in uplighting! It solved several of my to do lists.
3. Need to get suits for the guys and Fiance 🙁
4. Meed to find a MOB dress for mom
5. Need to redo all my invitations since the date is wrong now -.-
5. Favors. Useless ridiculous little things
6. Honeymoon lodging
7. DOC, which are actually quite impressive in the fact that they don’t answer any emails
8. Bridal party gifts
Post # 5
Hi date twins!! The only thing I have to do is deposits now! When are you guys sending out your invites!?
Post # 6
@foreverlovex: I have a fair amount of out of state invites, including an international invite going out so they are mailing mid March. The locals will go out the end of March. My RSVP date is May 10. Restaurant doesn’t need a count until a week prior but I want enough time to start working on place cards, etc. as well as chasing down non responders.
Did anyone start alterations on their dresses yet?
Post # 7
@MoopersMom: I start alterations march 27th
Post # 8
- Wedding: May 2014 - alder manor
I am have my first alteration appointment April 8th, which I’m fine with, gives me more time to slim down!
I plan on ordering our invites over this weekend, and send out the international invites Mid March, and the local ones the first of April. RSVP deadline is 05.01.14. Instead of giving potential guests time to loose the invite etc., just have them respond straight away. I already sent the Save the Dates, so they should know at the point of receiving the official invite if they can attend or not.
Post # 9
@Merlin29: I’m feeling great but anxious! I’m so ready for the day to be here already.
So Far We have:
invites sent & RSVPs are rolling in! Wooohoo!
Wedding rings ordered
ordered our cake
booked the honeymoon
booked our wedding weekend hotel stay and wedding night stay
arranged for the room to be decorated for our wedding night
booked a DJ
booked officant (my awesome uncle)
I’ve had my First fitting
We’ve met with a florist, but haven’t recieved her quote, but I have a feeling I’m going to end up doing our flowers.
We Still have to:
Sort out our groomsmen attire
make up trial
Order FI’s custom suit
Order flower girl dress
My last dress fitting
Buy Bridesmaid or Best Man and Groomsmen gifts
Order our Rehearsal Dinner Catering
Get our marraige liscense
Buy the jars for my granny who’s making our jam favors
I’m sure there’s more but I feel good! I’m ready for the big day!
Post # 9
I’ve finished my dress (just need to do a final fitting), put a deposit on our venue, chosen our photographer, finalized our menu and cake. Still need to finish my invites, sit with our DJ, make sure my bridesmaids get their dresses, make a rough seating plan and finalize the centerpieces and flowers with the florist. Cant believe how close the day is!
Post # 10
Merlin29: Making progress! It sometimes feels like I keep adding more stuff to the list, but it’s more logistical/planning things to check off than actual things to do.
-My first fitting is scheduled for April 5th.
-We pretty much have everything, now it’s just figuring out when final payments are due.
-I need to spend some time iwth Fiance putting togehter our must play and do not play lists – I have a mental list but need to start getting it down on paper.
-Rehearsal dinner invites, programs and thank you’s final proofs just got approved, and wedding invites are going out on 3/22!
-We can’t apply for our marriage license until mid-April.
-I have to put togehter our board for escort cards, write all of our chalkboards/table card numbers out, etc. and those two tasks will be completed the week of 3/22
-We bought all items for bathroom baskets/hotel gift bags, just need to put them together.
-Put together a “must have photo” list for our photographer so we’re not running around crazy trying to figure out what pics we need.
-Drop off pots at our local nursery before Easter to begin growing our favors – pick up the week of the wedding
-Order flip flops from old navy – they don’t recommend ordering more than 45 days in advance so you can return extras
-Order koozies as a fun “bar favor”