1.0 to 1.3 center in halo on size 5.5 finger

posted 2 years ago in Rings
Post # 3
2585 posts
Sugar bee

Personally with a halo that large I think 1 carat is more than enough, and sizing up substantially would edge into gaudy territoy easily. 1.25 on a size 4 finger for reference: 

Post # 4
883 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: March 2014 - Church and University

1.3 Halo with 5.5….this is with my wedding ring as well.

Post # 5
137 posts
Blushing bee

My finger is a 5.5/5.75. The round brillant in my halo is a 2.18 carat. I hardly think it looks gaudy. If you can afford the 1.3 carat, I say go for it! You will not be disappointed.

Post # 6
397 posts
Helper bee

Love the design you chose! 1.25 or 1.3 will look quite nice on your hand, I think. The 1.3 halo rings that others have posted with and without the halo are stunning! I do not think it will look gaudy at all. My engagement ring is a 1.3 carat center as well and my finger is a size 5. While I do not have a halo, I have some pave stones on the band (no pics yet bc the jeweler is still finishing the ring!). 

Whatever you choose will look beautiful and wear it in good health! 

Post # 7
1014 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: April 2008

5.25 finger and my center is 1.3 elongated cushion brillant it is a ctw 1.70 . I love the ring you picked out !! Halos are as so pretty ! Hope these pics helps . I tired to show different angles and lights . Good luck ☘️☘️

Post # 9
152 posts
Blushing bee

I have a 1.35 ct on a 4.25 finger and I think it’s a nice size.

Post # 10
83 posts
Worker bee

1.5 c center stone with halo

Post # 11
523 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2018

If you go with a bigger center I think smaller stones in the halo will help keep it from looking too gaudy or chunky. Also if you want a statement look I find that when the stone is set higher than lower it looks bigger.

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors