(Closed) 1.07 carat round solitaire in search of eternity band

posted 3 years ago in Rings
  • poll:
  • Post # 2
    264 posts
    Helper bee

You need to be careful going below 2mm because it can be more fragile and more likely to snap or bend. What is the width of your e-ring band? I have a 2mm e-ring band and a 2.2 mm wedding band and I don’t think it’s too overwhelming but my fingers are a size 6.25. 

Post # 3
    751 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: September 2016

View original reply
    books_and_diamonds :  that’s NOT true. If it’s a solid gold band you can go as thin as 1.5 and it won’t “snap or bend” people need to stop saying that.

I prefer under 2 mm..like 1.8 is the sweet spot. 

Post # 4
    406 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: February 2016

I would think 2mm to 3mm would be perfect.  We have the same finger size and I have a 3mm eternity band paired with my e-ring (comparable in size but an oval) and I don’t feel it overwhelms it at all!

Post # 9
    1123 posts
    Bumble bee

I don’t think a 2.2mm would compete with your solitaire, i think it would probably look nice!! Can we see a pic of your engagement ring? 

Post # 10
    1123 posts
    Bumble bee

Found this pic on pricescope it’s a 1.1 carat round diamond with a 2.2mm diamond band. Hope this helps a little!

Post # 11
    75 posts
    Worker bee
    • Wedding: October 2016

A 2mm band really shouldn’t overwhelm your solitaire, but it’s really a matter of preference. My solitaire is the exact same size as yours, and I wanted something really dainty as my wedding band. It is 1.8mm, and while it’s perfect with my engagement ring, I rarely wear it alone. If you’re looking for a band to wear on its own often, then I would suggest going maybe a tad thicker (like the 2.2mm bellabee16 posted):

Post # 12
    340 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: September 2016

I actually wanted a substantial eternity ring! I wear a size ~4.5, ERing is 1ct and my band is a little over 2.5mm (the stones are .07 pointers). I wanted to be able to wear my band and that it would stand out in its own.

Here’s a pic so you can have an idea:

(sorry about the lighting in the second pic, just posted it so you couls get a better perspective with the rigs a little further away) 

Post # 13
    1699 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: May 2016

View original reply
    allthingsthatsparkle :  I think what booksanddiamonds is referring to is that conventional wisdom on the Bee from  Bees who have completed training as jewlers is that structurally, eternity rings under 2mm are not as sound. Gold is also  highly malleable and can become brittle if it’s bent frequently or with other wear and tear, as compared with a material like platinum. 

Post # 14
    9 posts
    Newbee
    • Wedding: November 2015

Post # 15
    2309 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: October 2017

View original reply
    lavieenrose2018 :  two bands all the way!

My ring without the bands:

The topic ‘1.07 carat round solitaire in search of eternity band’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors