(Closed) 1-1-11

posted 9 years ago in January 2011
Post # 3
61 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: December 2012

I think you should get married on whatever day you want, guests should fully “recovered” by 3 p.m., anyway.

Post # 5
1220 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 2009

I’d personally even go later than 3pm, unless that’s when you’re trying to do pictures.  I wouldn’t mind a NYD wedding, IF it was in the evening.

Post # 6
541 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: December 2010

I think it’s fine. Recovery or not, people should be functioning by 3:00 pm and as adults, they should understand that they need to be coherent for a wedding, especially when they have advance notice.

(we’re getting married the day before you but I think your date is AWESOME!)

Post # 9
5388 posts
Bee Keeper

I just picked my date and everyone is excited!!! What a way to bring in the new year and what a cool date (1-1-11)!

Post # 10
246 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: December 2011

I love the date too.  I’ve said this before on the WB board, but I’ll say again.  You’re becoming one on 1-1-11 and even more cool if the ceremony starts at 1 o’clock.  LOL!!!  Congrats t you you 1-1-11 brides-to-be. 

Post # 11
1385 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2010

Agreed, get married whenever you want, and don’t let the nay-sayers rain on your parade! (Or wedding as the case may be)

Post # 12
2204 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2009

3pm is totally reasonable.  You might be out partying the night before too!

Post # 13
453 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: January 2011

Maybe I’m the odd ball in the bunch but I feel nervous about the date (not about getting married). I really want people to come to a wedding I’ve been planning for over a year (though I can’t settle on color). Any color suggestions? lol Do you think you’re going to have trouble getting people to come? I didn’t want to send out Save The Dates (to save on money and papers) but now I feel like I should so that people can plan for this, even though they’ll know by word of mouth.

Congratulations to you all and Happy planning!

Post # 14
3788 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

1-1-11 was my favoritest date that I wanted to get married on, but Fiance vetoed it saying we’d be “over” the holidays and that it should have its own special day. Meh.

Congrats to you guys who get to use it. I also love the idea that you’re starting a new year and new life together. Also, I love the 1’s. There is NO WAY he’d forget it haha.

MrsJelly — I think I would send out save the dates just because of the holiday. That way guests have a piece of paper with that obligation staring at them as they plan their NYE!

Post # 15
1189 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: March 2010

That’s my sister’s wedding date!  Initially, some family members were annoyed that it would take place during big football events, but she is doing hers later in the evening (7 PMish) so that the games are hopefully over by then.

Post # 16
5388 posts
Bee Keeper

We only have 11 months to go!

The topic ‘1-1-11’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors