3/4 : (26 votes)
    45 %
    Full : (9 votes)
    16 %
  • Post # 16
    54 posts
    Worker bee
    • Wedding: Waterbury,CT

Mine is a half eternity band with channel set stones,so even if it spins around on my finger,all I feel is the gold.

Post # 17
    54 posts
    Worker bee
    • Wedding: Waterbury,CT

Post # 18
    64 posts
    Worker bee
    • Wedding: April 2020

I wanted a 3/4’s eternity (to match my e-ring). Since there is no center stone to keep the ring from spinning, my jeweler recommended a full eternity band so the metal would never spin/show. I am happy with the decision to get a full eternity because it’s beautiful and I’m surprised how comfortable it actually is for the size. 

Post # 19
    854 posts
    Busy bee

I have a 3/4 eternity that was half a size too big so it goes a bit further which I love. I am not a fan of full eternity or half because I like the coverage, but want to be able to resize. When it spins, I never see anything but diamonds. 

Post # 20
    180 posts
    Blushing bee

I have 1/2 but my rings spin and I do readjust it quite a bit. I didn’t consider that you might be able to add extra diamonds to make it a 3/4. That’s a great idea!

Post # 21
    714 posts
    Busy bee

3/4 seems like a sweet spot. A little more coverage then a 1/2, but still easier to size if needed and has that little smooth gap for comfort. 

Post # 22
    885 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: September 2012

beedod :  I have a half eternity and wish i had got a 3/4 as mine spins slightly and it annoys me

Post # 23
    304 posts
    Helper bee

Full eternity for me but it took a while to find the perfect option. I tried many carat weights and rings, some were really uncomfortable. I finally found the perfect one it’s 1.90 total weight and is extremely comfortable. I say try on several options.

Post # 24
    9214 posts
    Buzzing Beekeeper

Full and I love it — it’s like a little wreath of diamonds 🙂

Post # 25
    103 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: July 2018

I have a band that goes all the way around and my engagement ring goes half way around.  Both are low profile so they are very comfortable.  I got my band all the way around just incase I wear it alone and it spins. 3/4 would have  been fine too, I just didn’t come across too many 3/4. Half and whole were more popular.

Post # 26
    57 posts
    Worker bee

beedod : personally, i would do a 3/4. You could still see your diamonds if it spins, easy sizing, comfort, and no worries of stones falling or prong bending overtime. 

Post # 27
    182 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: September 2018

I have a half and I love it. I like the look of a plain gold band as well as diamonds, so it feels like the best of both worlds because occasionally I will turn it around so the plain side is showing.

I don’t really understand the purpose of a 3/4, if your ring is going to spin it’s going to be showing the metal anyway so what does it matter if 1/2 vs 3/4 is covered? I would go with half or full.

Post # 28
    2596 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: June 2008 - County courthouse

I had a 3/4 eternity band, but the stones bothered me alot. Also I think 3/4 eternity is a waste. Alot of the stones don’t show. So I got my 3/4 and turned it into a half eternity. It’s perfect now:

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors