(Closed) 1.25ct on a 3.5 finger…..too big?

posted 4 years ago in Rings
  • poll: Which size should I go with?

Go with your first pick and get the 1.25ct!

Downsize to 1ct.....1.25ct is too flashy

• Post # 2
    646 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: May 2019

I personally really like the size of it on you! I think it’s the perfect balance of being a sizable stone, without being gaudy.

But I also like me some finger coverage though. 4.75 finger having a 2.7 ct equivalent radiant e-ring made right now. And if I were going with a round solitar I likely would have went with a 1.75-2ct as rounds tend to face up a lot bigger than any other cut

Post # 3
    702 posts
    Busy bee

As someone who got a small diamond, go big, I’m regretting telling my SO to go smaller! 

I will just say that 90% of the time no matter how big the stone I have always been able to tell the difference between diamond and non diamond in real life. So do be prepared for a lot of people to know it’s ‘fake’ (not diamond)

Post # 4
    1640 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: August 2014

I have. 1.7 ct on a size 3 finger. I won’t lie, it looks big and it gets attention but I love it and probably could have gone bigger. I also have an heirloom 1 ct. and I definitely prefer the size of my ERIng to the 1 ct.

If you are going with moissanits, could you easily afford a 1.25 carat diamond? I think that’s when people assume a ring is “fake”, when it’s out of line with a couple’s lifestyle. I don’t think it matters if you love it but if you want to avoid questions and or the assumption that your ring is fake, I’d consider that aspect as well. 

Post # 5
    1025 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: August 2018 - -

I have a 7mm Forever Brilliant on my finger and I do think it’s big, but months later I still am in awe of it. I used to think it was too big on me, not anymore! ^_^ My finger fits a 3.5, but I went with a 3.75, despite how it spins a bit when it’s really cold. I just like a looser fit.

Also, from what I can tell, no one has given me any grief or side-eye, only gushing compliments, even in grocery stores. I tell everyone what it is and they all come to the same conclusion, “So, it’s moissanite, which is cheaper? But it’s almost sparklier!” To which I say, “Thank you! And yes, it is.” Lol

Post # 6
    182 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: October 2019 - City, State

“I love the size and it gives me great finger coverage, and I really don’t think it looks too big.”

This is the part I am holding onto. YOU love the stone, YOU love the size, and YOU don’t think it looks too big. Go with what you want, because down the line if you make decisions based on your concern about what other people might think, you’ll likely regret your decision. So save yourself some stress and money and get what you love the first time around. Most people can’t tell the different between moissanites and diamonds, and if you’re not trying to pass it off as a diamond you’re good. Wear that moissanite proud! And be confident it it—they are REAL gemstones, it’s a REAL moissanite. “Fake” doesn’t really apply here, unless you’re saying it’s a diamond, which you’re not, so…

If you are concerned about anyone inquiring or thinking it’s not a diamond, take into consideration the size of stones you commonly see in your area. Where I live, /I see 1.5-2 carat stones stones a lot, and I see .5-1 carat ones as well. In other areas, .5 carats is the typical size, and in others, 1 carats are considered big. I still recommend getting what YOU want, but if you’re concerned about the appearance of your ring to others, consider what size in your area is considered “big” and go from there.

Post # 9
    1025 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: August 2018 - -

View original reply
    futureslindy :  Mine is really thin, 1.3mm. But I baby it, so I don’t grab heavy things with it on, don’t wash my hands with it on, tie my hair, or apply lotion/cosmetics. I have a ring holder at my vanity, ring holder at the bathroom sink, and my ring box beside my bed where I sleep (I obviously don’t wear it to sleep).

I got engaged 12/22, so it’s been 4 months and I haven’t had any pavé fall out, nor has it been dented or bent. I think 1.8 would be okay, actually, it more has to do with craftsmanship and how aware you are of it when you do things. I do plan to make my ring my wedding ring, as well, by soldering 2 dot bands on either side when I get married. It’ll have a bit more anchoring that way.

Post # 11
    95 posts
    Worker bee
    • Wedding: May 2019

View original reply
    futureslindy :  the 1.25ct looks good in you plus you would never need an upgrade! I say go for it 

Post # 13
    950 posts
    Busy bee

I would get the largest you can afford with the best specs.

Post # 14
    454 posts
    Helper bee

THis is a 1.25 on a size 8 hand, 2mm band. I really wanted a 1.5 but I was nervous it would be too large and scream fake. I think this is the perfect size for me so I’m glad I went with the smaller one. Most of the time I wear it comfortably but there are still times when I think it’s a tad too big and get nervous to have it on. 

Id go 1 ct for your small finger.

Post # 15
    1137 posts
    Bumble bee

It doesn’t look too big at all. I’ve got a 3.75 finger with a 12x10mm elongated cushion morganite, looked huge when I first tried it on but I also really liked it. Now I don’t think it looks too big at all. I certainly believe in “shrinkage” now lol..

The topic ‘1.25ct on a 3.5 finger…..too big?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors