1.25ct on a 3.5 finger…..too big?

posted 2 years ago in Rings
  • poll: Which size should I go with?
    Go with your first pick and get the 1.25ct! : (87 votes)
    80 %
    Downsize to 1ct.....1.25ct is too flashy : (22 votes)
    20 %
  • Post # 16
    574 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: October 2017

I think it looks perfect! Just go with what you want ๐Ÿ™‚ I have a 1.95 OEC diamond and my finger is a size 3.5 as well, and it really doesn’t look ostentatious or anything. 

Post # 17
    2900 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: November 2017

futureslindy :  Too big.  Agree with pp, with a simulant, in addition to having such a small finger, it’s better to go smaller so not to scream “fake” …The larger the moissanite the more visually obvious that it’s not a diamond…While it’s unlikely that anyone will be rude and call it out/ask you directly, if you want to avoid (even quiet) conjecture, smaller than a carat diamond equivalent weight is probably best….

Post # 18
    2518 posts
    Sugar bee

This is a 1.25 diamond (old cut tho so not sure how it faces up differently compared to a new stone) on a size 4 finger. I am really happy with the size but I do sometimes get comments about how big it is and I even had someone ask me if it was real a few weeks ago (!). Compared to other rings on the bee it’s pretty modest but small fingers do make your center stone seem bigger, plus the square setting for a round stone on my particular ring visually increases the size of the face. 

Post # 20
    26 posts
    Newbee
    • Wedding: October 2015

I have your exact specs.. a 1.25 on a size 3.5 finger and I love it ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 21
    10 posts
    Newbee
    • Wedding: September 2019

I have a 1.25 carat diamond marquise on a size 3.5 finger. I love it, yes it’s slightly bigger than what you see IRL (maybe not on weddingbee). However, it’s not so controversially big that will make people question it(not that they should anyway because it’s YOUR ring and you’ll be the one who has to wear and live with the ring). I think it’s fantastic in this day and age that we have the tech to make a gemstone that is so similar to a diamond. A gemstone is a gemstone, doesn’t matter if it’s a 1.25 Moissanite or a diamond. Wear it proudly!

Post # 22
    49 posts
    Newbee
    • Wedding: July 2018

I don’t get it. Isn’t the term “fake” used to describe white diamond-like stones used for engagement rings that aren’t diamonds? So since moisonnite isn’t a diamond but a cheaper version of (and like said earlier, you can afford a diamond one), it actually IS “fake”. Very confusing. If you don’t consider moissonife fake as in a cheaper stone trying to pass itself off as a diamond, then what stone is considered a fake? Plastic or cubic zirconia only? Educate me. 

Post # 23
    624 posts
    Busy bee

futureslindy :  I would go with a 1 carat for sure. That one looks too big on your finger. I suppose it also depends on what the average size is around you. Around here, the average size is under a carat so maybe I’m just conditioned to preferring a smaller stone.

Post # 24
    499 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: June 2017

Perfect size IMO!

Post # 26
    35 posts
    Newbee

My center Stone is a 1.21 on a 4.5 finger. I don’t think I’d go over 1ct with a moissanite though.. especially on a small finger.. but for what it’s worth I think coverage is great in the range of 1 to 1.25 ๐Ÿ˜Š

Post # 28
    6231 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: September 2016

hungrymeow :  Your ring is GORGEOUS with those two dot bands! That is a lovely and unique look!

OP- I think the size you’ve chosen looks great on your hand. I’m glad you decided to go with your first choice. If this is something you’re going to be wearing for years and years, you want something that will work for you for the duration!

Post # 29
    1206 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: August 2018 - -

TwilightRarity :  Thank you so much! ๐Ÿ˜ถ The dot band definitely isn’t the kind of ring I usually see with an engagement ring, but I really like the width it gives without the chunky look of a solid band that equals the same thickness.

Post # 30
    35 posts
    Newbee

futureslindy :  thank you! I am not typically a Halo fan either.. I pretty much only like ones with a diamond larger than 1ct center otherwise they don’t look right to me lol

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors