1.25ct on a 3.5 finger…..too big?

posted 2 years ago in Rings
  • poll: Which size should I go with?

Go with your first pick and get the 1.25ct!

Downsize to 1ct.....1.25ct is too flashy

• Post # 32
    272 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: July 2017

Just reading this, but I’m glad you decided to go with what you wanted!! The size definitely isn’t too big and looks lovely on your hand. 🙂

Post # 35
    2155 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: August 2014

View original reply
    futureslindy :  Thank you! Glad you decided to keep the ring you love! Honestly, people really only comment on it right after you get engaged, it’s not like people for years after stare at your left hand and comment on how big (or small) your ring is!

Post # 36
    10 posts
    Newbee

I’m a 2.75 and wear a size 3. I was given a 2 ct family stone to work with, though I initially planned on sticking to the ~1.25 range because I didn’t want to feel judged by the women around me. I had a lot of time to think about it, and as I played with some cheap 1 ct, 1.5 ct, and 1.75 ct cubic zirconium rings, the more I fell in love with the 2 ct stone. The DSS got so real, so fast. 

I’m not really someone who dresses up too much or wears jewelry regularly, but the idea of this being my special ring from F.I. to keep for all my life made me think that whatever called to me, regardless of other people, is what I should choose. I’ve fallen in love with OEC’s lately (might choose not to use the family stone), but I’d say after all of this my ideal range is now in the 1.75-2.25 area. 

Post # 38
    118 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: April 2015

I say DEF go for the 1.25. 

I wear a size 2 ring and my diamond is about 1.6ct. It doesn’t look “too flashy” AT ALL. 

1.25 is PERFECT on you… especially if you love it. 

Post # 39
    2389 posts
    Buzzing bee

Agree with PP! I’m a size 3.75 and my solitaire is 2ct. I’d even go as high as 2.5, I think!

Post # 41
    1046 posts
    Bumble bee

View original reply
    mrstodd2bee :  I’m fairly new to this board, and have not really learned anyone’s avatar and name…except yours. 

You can never miss an opportunity to get in a dig or nasty remark about anything that isn’t a diamond. 

Seek help, my friend. 

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors