1.3 carat vs 1.5 carat diamond

posted 1 year ago in Engagement
Post # 2
14739 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

Would you get all the money back for the 1.3 in the upgrade?  If so, sure, go for it.  If not, I would certainly not waste that much money to get a 1.5 since it not THAT big a difference.  I think if you get a thinner band, maybe it would make the diamond ‘pop’ and look bigger.  Or get a halo.

Post # 3
474 posts
Helper bee

Second getting a thinner band! The stone will pop more, it’s beautiful! 

Post # 5
378 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2017

Plug in the diameter sizes of both diamonds on diamdb.com – you can visualize what it’ll look like with various finger sizes, band widths, etc.

Post # 8
5294 posts
Bee Keeper

There won’t be much of a difference.

Post # 9
252 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2019

Don’t have any photos for you, but my jeweler once told me upgrading was only worth it for 0.5+ carat increases. Once you are used to wearing a certain size, you won’t notice a change smaller than that.

If I were you, I’d keep the few thousand 🙂

Post # 10
420 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

I dont think the difference will be noticeable..

Post # 11
2849 posts
Sugar bee

There is a website that compares diamond sizes:

https://www.diamdb.com/compare/1.31ct-round-vs-1.56ct-round/

This will at least give you an idea of the difference. 

You have already “upgraded” your diamond so I do wonder whether you are suffering from diamond shrinkage syndrome.

The cure for this syndrome is not to buy a bigger diamond but to buy a smaller diamond.

Post # 12
885 posts
Busy bee

The ring on your hand looks well-proportioned and lovely in yellow gold. If the diamond website stated there’s not much of a difference then either u choose another shape that’ll maximise the size from the carat or just keep to ur current one. Apparently it does cost thousands.

Post # 13
4042 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: July 2018

It’s really not that much of a difference between 1.3 and 1.5 so I don’t think it’s worth the price difference. If you want it to look bigger I would go for a thinner setting.

Post # 14
356 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2017

Not worth the upgrade, but please consider changing your band. The diamond would look so much better in my opinion. 

Post # 15
571 posts
Busy bee

I do not think it would be worth the money. The difference is about the width of a hair and the price jumps at the 1.5 mark. 

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors