1.3 carat vs 1.5 carat diamond

posted 1 year ago in Engagement
Post # 16
9667 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2015

If this is your mindset, once you get the 1.5 youll want the 2 so on and so forth forever and ever. 

Post # 17
1626 posts
Bumble bee

parig :  Typically I don’t think there would be much difference visually. But I suppose that depends on the dimensions, one might be quite deeper or shallow cut. I think it’s a beautiful diamond but it’s a bit lost in the band its with. 

Post # 18
360 posts
Helper bee

I have a bit of an obsessive personality. A few years ago I bought myself diamond, when I was shopping online I was trying to decide between 2.25 carat and 2.44. For me I had to physically try on both and see both on my hand to be convinced. I had to see it for myself. Even though EVERYONE was telling me there would be no noticeable difference, I had to see it myself. Reading your posts it sounds like you need to see it on your own hand to believe it.

Also they may look very different because of cut, a bigger diamond might look smaller just on how they cut it.

Post # 19
8961 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper

Wouldn’t be worth it to me, unless the 1.5 is ideally cut and your 1.3 isn’t.

Post # 20
1786 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2017

It seems like a waste of money to make the large jump from a .74 to a 1.31, and then make that tiny little jump from a 1.31 to a 1.56. I’m with other PPs. What you really need is a smaller band. Your band is so wide that it dominates your finger and will make any diamond look smaller.

Post # 21
682 posts
Busy bee

parig :  if you don’t see a difference with the simulator online,  you won’t see a difference in person. Save your money. 

While i know you said you like the thicker band, it would pop more with a thinner one. Your current band works against you in two ways,  it is not one thick but also thicker in the center. If you like the total thickness  of the current bands and wedding band on your hand, try a thick band that tapers in the center or try stacking instead. 

Post # 23
5875 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: February 1997

I guess I’d need to see the mm difference. On average, there is slightly over a .3 mm difference. Now, any sane person will say that less than half a mm is negligible, but .2 mm IS visible to me. You will see a difference (provided the cuts are equivalent or the new one is better), but only you can decide whether the price is worth it. 

Post # 24
1248 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: March 2018

I would get a thinner band for the diamond and place a gemstone of your choice in the current 5mm setting 

Post # 25
12 posts
Newbee

1.3 carat on size 6 finger.

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors