1.34 Carat but still so small? Should I do a halo?

posted 3 months ago in Rings
Post # 61
35 posts
Newbee

View original reply
hello.jessie :  

That centre diamond looks absolutely perfect sized.

Too much bigger and it will look like a cocktail ring, unless you want to do a different shape altogether such as an oval.  

As for halos, I’m not personally a fan because I think the center stone tends to get lost in them due to a lack of contrasf but I have seen some avant garde ones I like:

but again even that is a coloured center stone, and a diamond might get lost in it.

If you really want a bit more finger coverage, then a pair of ~.25 carat side diamonds might be your best option.  

Post # 62
24 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: October 2020

If you could go thinner on the band it’ll make the diamond appear much larger! I have a .91 carat and my band is 1.6mm and it makes the stone pop 🙂

Post # 63
62 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: November 2012

View original reply
hello.jessie :  i think your ring is gorgeous and compliments your ha d nicely!!  
I’m actually looking into that setting for a diamond that I was gifted recently.  I am having the same problem as you, though.  My diamond isn’t large-it’s a 1.16 but faces up as barely a carat.  Probably more like .90.  This is because most of the weight is in the bottom due to how it was cut.  This is probably the same situation with yours.  I have a 1.4 radiant that faces up larger because it has a large table.  
I’m toying with adding a halo to my round, but am hesitant because there is a halo on my radiant.  
Keep us posted as to what you decide!

Post # 65
220 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
mrsssooon :  How awesome is that!? Very pretty and a great alternative.

Post # 67
336 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
hello.jessie :  ooo that’s exciting! Can’t wait to see! 

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors